Project Assistant (Special Events)
Salary: £22,950 p.a. pro rata + excellent benefits
Location: Angel, London until October 2019 then Stratford, London
Contract Length: 6 month fixed-term contract
Application process: CV and cover letter
Are you a sharp minded individual with experience of supporting various team projects and events that can help us beat cancer sooner?
We are looking for a self-motivated individual to...
- Support out event managers with a wide range of administrative tasks to deliver some of our high value events
- Help drive our fundraising activity, through securing auction lots and raffle prizes for upcoming events
- Compile event invitations and manage the event mailing lists
- Support in drafting promotional materials for these events
- Create and update supporter records
- Support with event delivery as and when appropriate.
Our science holds the solution. At Cancer Research UK, our pioneering research has helped double survival rates in the last 40 years. Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person, and our 3,500 people work relentlessly every day towards this goal.
Now we need a Project Assistant to help us in providing excellent support across our Special Events portfolio, enabling the team to focus on high quality event delivery. As well as this, the successful candidate would help in supporting our Account Manager to make sure we're meeting our income and expenditure targets.
Join us to help save millions of lives through your...
- Experience of working in events, and on projects to agreed deadlines and budgets
- Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone and in written work
- Proven administrative skills, with good attention to detail
- Proven experience of building great relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of working with external suppliers and partners
- Ability to be flexible in challenging circumstances.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Our optimism and desire for success leads us to constantly challenge ourselves and others, which means you'll be encouraged to stretch yourself in our dynamic environment.
You'll need the ability to perform to a high standard in a team environment, and use your excellent time management, prioritisation and planning skills to ensure that our Events are delivered to a high standard.
If you can do all this and more, you'll enjoy a great career as we work hard to beat cancer sooner.
Closing date: Thursday 29th August 2019, 23:55
Please see the following link for a full candidate pack: