Project Manager (Strategic Operations)
Contract: Permanent, full time
Salary: Circa £30k - £35k per annum dependent on experience
Location: Angel, London (relocating to Stratford in Oct 2019)
Closing date: Midnight 7th July, however, please note that we may close to applications sooner if we receive a lot of interest in the role so early application is strongly encouraged to avoid disappointment
Are you a self-motivated and sharp minded individual with experience of project or programme management that can help us beat cancer sooner?
We are looking for a self-motivated individual to...
- Drive the delivery of key strategic programmes in the Policy and Information Directorate
- Provide strategic insight and project management support to senior stakeholders on prioritised projects (from scoping through to planning and delivery)
- Proactively shape P&I's operational / programme management processes - including planning, reporting and governance
For full role details, please see here:
At Cancer Research UK, we work to inspire volunteers, unite the scientific community, educate the public about cancer prevention and tell our story to the government to bring about change.
Now we need a Project Manager (Strategic Operations) to provide strategic insight and manage the delivery of a number of key programmes / projects in the Policy and Information directorate. You will be responsible for all elements including planning, monitoring, delivery, reporting and disseminating outputs.
You can help us beat cancer sooner through your...
- Significant programme or project management experience
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills - with the ability to influence, challenge and build strong relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet and set demanding deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - able to think strategically and bring structure to complex problems, extract key issues and present information in a clear and concise format
The Policy and Information Directorate is at the core of Cancer Research UK and we are trusted enablers who have a significant impact in achieving the organisation's aims. We influence and empower patients, the public, health professionals and key opinion leaders to prevent more cancers, diagnose the disease earlier and help patients access the best treatments. If you want to help us beat cancer then join our collective force and help us lead the way.
The Strategic Delivery Team provide programme management and operational support to the entire P&I Directorate. Our objective is to effectively and efficiently plan, deliver and measure the impact of P&I's strategy, across an ambitious, wide-ranging and varied set of strategic programmes and projects. As such, you'll be working with a range of stakeholders at all levels, so you will need to be a pro-active self-starter, who enjoys building strong relationships. You'll also need an understanding of project management tools and techniques and be comfortable working with ambiguity - adapting to new and unfamiliar environments.
If this describes you, you can enjoy a great career with us as, together, we bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
Please note this role is referred to internally as Delivery Manager.
At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.
Please note, from October 2019, our head office will be relocating from Islington to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.