Reports?to: Lead QA Engineer
Location:?Redman Place, Stratford
Contract: Permanent. 35 hours per week.
Flexibility: We're flexible on how you do your work, with this role only expected to be in the office 1 or 2 days per week, and a 'core hours' policy of 10am-4pm
Salary:?£30,000 - £40,000 per annum dependent on experience?.
Application method:?Please complete the anonymous application form, making sure?all of?your experience is included so that we are able to effectively shortlist.
Application Deadline:??Midnight 12th March 2022. Do not delay applying as we will be shortlisting on application.
Cancer Research UK and our Technology team are evolving. The Quality Assurance Team's mission is to drive quality into all software products produced by/or on behalf of Cancer Research UK. The team is striving to enhance testing service throughout the project lifecycle and ultimately assist Technology in improving the quality of product we deliver to our customers, whilst pushing shift left forward in the lifecycle.
Want to know more? Take a look at our
What will I be doing?
As a QA Engineer in the team, you will champion the quality of our features in our development pipeline whether that be pairing with developers promoting testability or trying to break the feature through exploratory testing. You will own authoring and the execution of test plans, test cases and testing at every stage of the lifecycle. You will have a significant impact in the quality and delivery speed of our software, most importantly our customers. You will work closely with engineers, product managers, and other QA in order to ensure the features we deliver to our customers have a high level of quality. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team's speed, quality and efficiency.
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Skilled in the design of acceptance tests
- Working experience of REST API, Web GUI and cross-browser testing. Tools we like: Cypress, Pact, Postman (Equivalent tools/frameworks valid)
- An enthusiasm for new technologies with the ability to adapt and learn. Has the confidence and initiative to evolve ideas and bring together pieces of work to produce changes
What's in it for me?
- 25, days annual leave (plus bank holidays and the ability to buy up to 5 days per annum) and 1 CRUK day.
- Pension (employer contributions of up to 10%), life insurance and a great benefit discount platform.
- An incredibly strong tech stack
- A brilliant learning and development environment
- Platform to develop your testing knowledge within our QA Community.
Our optimism and desire for success leads us to constantly challenge ourselves and others, which means you'll be encouraged to stretch yourself in our dynamic environment. And ultimately, you'll know that you'll be changing lives through your work.
If you're as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.