Research Evaluation Manager
Location: Angel (Stratford from autumn 2019)
Salary: Circa £34k - £37k + benefits
Contract: Permanent, full time (part time considered)
We will close to applications once we have a shortlist for interview so early application is strongly encouraged to avoid disappointment.
Are you a research evaluation manager with a passion for helping others understand their business? Can you ask the right questions and use your knowledge of research impact assessment to unlock insight? Join us and help us fund more world class research.
Why we need you
Research Evaluation plays a crucial role in driving strategic and operational decisions through monitoring, reporting on and evaluating the research that we fund. We are looking for a curious and sharp-minded individual to drive the evaluation of the Cancer Research UK research portfolio, helping to maximise the impact of the research we fund.
What will I be doing?
You ensure that the organisation has the right data available at the right time and in the right format to understand our research portfolio and the difference it's making.
Make an impact every day by:
- Designing and delivering analysis and insight projects to help understand the performance of the research portfolio and progress against the research strategy
- Providing a consultancy service to the wider Research & Innovation directorate, helping teams ask the right questions and advising them on the best way to answer them
- Developing your expertise in how to conduct research impact assessment, working with the wider community beyond CRUK
- Owning the annual Researchfish outputs collection process and representing CRUK on Researchfish sub-groups
To view a full job description please click here:
What skills are you looking for?
You'll be able to bring to the role:
- Proven experience in project or programme evaluation
- An ability to provide clear answers, drawing on a wide variety of quantitative and qualitative information
- A flexible and pragmatic approach, and an ability to problem solve to achieve results
- Strong people skills, with the ability to build relationships and understand different business areas and the confidence to influence colleagues at all levels
- A willingness to expand your knowledge and skills, and contribute to a growing research impact assessment community
What will I gain?
Without you we wouldn't be able to achieve our aim of seeing 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034. So we want to reward you in as many ways as possible. Our benefits package includes discounts on anything from travel to technology, generous holiday allowance, gym membership, childcare vouchers and much more. You'll also be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. And ultimately, you'll know that you'll be changing lives through your work.
If you're as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.
Please submit your CV and cover letter online, highlighting how your skills and experience make you suitable for the role.