Research Grants Manager
Location: Stratford (high flex - we would expect you to be in the office 1-2 days per week).
Salary: £34,000 - £36,000 pa dependent on experience + benefits
Contract Type / Hours: Permanent / 35 hours per week
Application Deadline: Sunday 7th August at 23.55. This vacancy may close earlier if a high number of applications are received or once a suitable candidate is found, so please do not delay submitting your application to avoid any disappointment.
Do you have a passion for working in research funding and looking for a new challenge working with the world's leading independent cancer charity? If so, this could the ideal opportunity for you to join our Research Funding team.
Why we need you
Our Research Funding Team is pivotal to ensuring that Cancer Research UK continues to fund and support a wealth of innovative, world-class cancer research that will contribute towards our vision of beating cancer.
You will be responsible for delivering the application process and committee process for a defined portfolio of grant applications and awards by providing external researchers and host institution administrators with advice, guidance and support on Cancer Research UK's funding schemes, research policies, and grants management approach.
What will I be doing?
Make an impact every day by...
- Managing a portfolio of Cancer Research UK's applications and awards.
- Supporting the operations of a Funding Committee and its Expert Review Panels by handling queries, advising on and promoting specific funding schemes, preparing panel reports, meeting papers and meeting minutes, and providing written post-Committee feedback.
- Managing the peer review process, through the identification of appropriate referees and Expert Review Panel members.
- Reviewing the finances for each award and carry out post-Committee meeting outcomes.
- Developing and maintaining strong and professional relationships with a network of CRUK researchers and host institution administrators; supporting grantees and applicants to manage their applications and awards.
What skills are we looking for?
You'll be able to bring to the role...
- Educated to post-graduate level in a biomedical subject or equivalent experience in a research funding environment.
- A solid understanding of the UK biomedical research environment, potentially through working in or with universities/hospital trusts/biomedical charities.
- Knowledge or experience of cancer research.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
What's in it for me?
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and the ability to buy up to 5 days per annum) and 1 CRUK day.
- Pension (employer contributions of up to 12%), life insurance and a great benefit discount platform.
- A brilliant learning and development environment.
- Stratford Olympic Park location (Less than 10-minute walk to National Rail, Jubilee, Central, and Elizabeth lines; Westfield Shopping Centre, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Gym)
- Discounts - Westfield Shopping Centre, travel, technology, gym memberships, and much more.
Our optimism and desire for success leads us to constantly challenge ourselves and others, which means you'll be encouraged to stretch yourself in our dynamic environment. And ultimately, you'll know that you'll be changing lives through your work.?
Application process: In our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, we operate an anonymised shortlisting process. Please therefore ensure that you have completed the work history section of the application form and answered all application questions. CVs are required for all applications; however they will not be reviewed until interview stage