Retail Assistant Manager
Full time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
£20,345 - £21,000 (inclusive of London Weighting) per annum + excellent benefits
Closing Date: We will be interviewing throughout this process so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Do you have retail experience and are now looking for your next step? Are you looking for the opportunity to progress and develop your managerial skills? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Join us today as an Assistant Store Manager at our KENSINGTON store.
"Our High St Kensington shop is in one of the busiest high streets in London, with customers from across the local borough as well as tourists and people popping in on their lunch breaks from work. It is a fast paced environment with a high turnover of stock. We have a super team of volunteers and paid staff dedicated to making the shop one of the most successful in the charity." (Area Manager - South West London)
We have over 1700 members of staff working across our network of 600 shops, with the united goal of having 3 out of 4 survivors of cancer by 2034. As the most successful retail chain in the charity sector, our stores raise more money for our cause than anyone else on the high street, last year bringing in £26.4 million pounds.
What will I be doing?
In this varied role, we are looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference. You'll be hard working, happy to get stuck in, and have some experience supervising or managing.
- Use your expert selling skills to assist the Shop Manager in maximising profit and hitting agreed targets.
- Maintain customer service and care always.
- Supervise and manage both paid staff and volunteers in the Shop Managers absence
- Hit processing targets by supporting the Shop Manager with processing and generating stock.
- Aid the Shop Manager with implementing new processes in store.
- Use you visual merchandising talents to ensure the shop is presented well, promoting commercial success.
- Experience in customer service
- Exposure to managing or supervising a team
- Working to set targets
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable
What are the perks....
- Opportunities to use your own creative freedom to produce exciting visual & design displays
- Developing your management skills
- Gaining significant knowledge and understanding of retail operations and high street retail fashion
- Working in an environment where your development is actively encouraged
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service
- Competitive pension scheme, season loan tickets, and deals at your favourite restaurants
*This role is known as Assistant Shop Manager internally.
** Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment for this role will be subject to a satisfactory basic DBS check.