Senior Partnership Specialist - Sector Lead
Reports to: Head of New Partnerships
Location: Stratford, with flexibility
Minimum working pattern: flexible dependant on experience
Application method: Please provide a CV and cover letter, demonstrating why you're interested in the role and your experience against the minimum criteria listed in the advert below
Application Deadline: We do not have a set close date for the role, but please do apply as soon as possible. We will be conducting interviews throughout posting, and therefore will close the role when we have found the perfect candidates.
Salary: £55k - £60k, with flexibility for the right candidate
We’re looking for three Senior Partnerships Specialists to join the team at a really exciting time for Partnerships at CRUK. We have three brand new roles in the structure for Senior Partnership Specialists, each of which will be focusing on a different area of growth for the charity, that we believe has untapped potential: Technology, Financial Services and Pharmaceutical & Healthcare.
You will be responsible for defining and implementing the strategy for your industry sector, building relationships and prospects and delivering new partnerships and streams of income into the charity. You’ll have the opportunity to develop a growth area, nurturing and building new relationships to deliver maximum impact for the UK’s biggest charity.
In this role, we’ll be asking you to:
- Be accountable for the development and management of a pipeline of an industry strategy, gaining buy in from senior leaders
- Build a solid and deep understanding of CRUK’s priorities and existing activities in a sector specific area
- Use your specialist new business skills and sector knowledge to develop high value prospects which present opportunity to deliver high value partnerships (6 figures plus)
- Identify opportunities and deliver acquisition and cultivation strategies which secure new partnerships.
In these roles, you’ll be using your specialist acquisition skills and sector knowledge, as well as your commercial acumen to build excellent relationships with potential partners in your sector. To be successful in one of these roles, the minimum criteria we’ll be looking for you to have is:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of one of the priority sectors, with a proven record of building successful relationships that generate fundraising opportunities
- Experience of sales/acquisition and evidence of successfully working in a target led sales environment to secure high value partnerships
- Ability to work with autonomy, being self-motivated and solutions focussed, resilient and target driven.
- Exceptional networking abilities and compelling communication skills with the ability to tell the Cancer Research UK story and vision
Whilst this is a permanent, full time role, to allow ourselves flexibility in finding the right people to join the team, we are more than happy to consider flexible working patterns. This can include a variety of options, so if you are looking for flexibility (i.e. part time hours, working from home, secondments from your current organisation into the charity), please let us know in your application.
If this sounds like you, and you’d like to learn more, please take a look at the candidate pack live on this role on our CRUK careers page, giving you more information.