Please note we have 2 vacancies. One permanent and one fixed term contract for 6 months.
Location: Stratford, East London. Please note that we're currently working remotely but from January we would like you to come into the office at least 1-2 days per week.
Flexible working considered
Full-time (4 days a week considered)
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Application method: Please apply using the link provided. You will be asked to answer 2 questions about your suitability for the role and CRUK's strategic agenda and to upload your CV. Please note that we will not be able to see your CV whilst shortlisting so we encourage you to complete your application thoroughly. We will also ask your preference for either the permanent or FTC.
Closing Date: We will be shortlisting as we receive applications, therefore we encourage early applications to avoid disappointment.
The Strategy Team supports leaders at Cancer Research UK to develop our corporate strategy and to ensure that we have plans to implement it effectively. We bring external insight, structure and creativity to complex issues. We work across the whole charity - from research and innovation through to policy, information, mass fundraising, philanthropy and partnerships.
It's an exciting time to join the team. We are currently working to develop and implement a new long-term strategy for the charity which we will launch in spring 2022. Over the coming months we will be leading the work to flesh out our long-term objectives and how we will achieve them. This will have a tangible impact - informing decisions on where we invest, our brand and our model, and ultimately accelerating our mission to beat cancer sooner.
In this role, you will support the delivery of high-profile strategy projects across the organisation. You'll work with leaders externally and internally and with colleagues across the charity. You'll be a strategic thinker and self-starter with the ability to approach problems in a structured way and explain complex ideas clearly.
- Work alongside colleagues to deliver strategic projects and programmes of work from initial scoping through to making recommendations and handover to delivery teams
- Identify key strategic questions and decisions and drive clarity on project scope and frame
- Perform analysis to explore the strategic questions, including qualitative and quantitative research
- Commission primary research where required
- Synthesise conclusions into clear and actionable business recommendations
- Contribute to writing impactful papers and presentations for a variety of stakeholder groups, including Executive and Trustee meetings
- Contribute to an outward-looking culture, helping identify and understand shifts in the external landscape and their strategic implications
- Deliver ad hoc strategic projects in priority areas, including strategic support for ops planning and reporting
- Work in flexible teams within and outside of the Strategy team
- Build and develop internal and external relationships with stakeholders and networks
- You will approach problems in a structured way, utilising data analysis, sound financial and business acumen, and logical reasoning to support your conclusions
- Ability to interpret and explain information clearly
- Strategic thinker, interpreting complex information, putting it in context and having a clear view of the "big picture"
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and able to interact confidently with stakeholders and colleagues
- Numerate, financially literate and comfortable with data modelling and data analysis
- Previous experience of developing strategy at pace and in a range of organisations - gained e.g. through consulting experience or an in-house strategy role
- Previous experience of and interest in one or more relevant sectors - e.g. fundraising/not for profits, pharma/life sciences, healthcare - gained through a previous role and/or consulting or equivalent experience.
To view the full candidate pack please click .
What will I gain?
Without you we wouldn't be able to achieve our aim of seeing 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034. So we want to reward you in as many ways as possible. Our benefits package includes discounts on anything from travel to technology, generous holiday allowance, gym membership, childcare vouchers and much more. You'll also be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. And ultimately, you'll know that you'll be changing lives through your work.
If you're as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.
Together we will beat Cancer.