Supporter Engagement Executives
Salary: £21,500 per annum + excellent benefits
Contract length: 12 month fixed-term contract
Positions available: 4
Hours: 35 per week, however can be flexible and part-time hours can be discussed
Location: Sterling House, Oxford
Closing date: Ongoing
Please note that we will be interviewing for this role on an ongoing basis, so early application is strongly encouraged to avoid disappointment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with experience in a customer service environment to join us as a Supporter Engagement Executive.
Do you love talking to people and seeking out opportunities to engage in conversation? If so, then we have the opportunity for you!
We're looking for a confident, fun, energetic communicator that can strike instant rapport with a wide range of audiences over the telephone. As a Supporter Engagement Executive, you will be responsible for engaging with our amazing supporters to offer them enhanced supporter journey; helping them to maximise their preparation and fundraising.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for four excellent Supporter Engagement Executives to…
- Proactively contact new supporters via telephone to welcome them to events and start a process of engagement
- Ensure there is an effective communication processes in place for all supporter engagement team members to enable a first class supporter experience
- Assess supporter requirements and needs to establish an individual future contact plan
- Establish excellent 1-2-1 relationships with highly engaged supporters
- Provide excellent customer service via telephone, email and print to enhance supporter experience and drive increased fundraising value
- Ensure each contact with supporter is used as an opportunity to strengthen the relationship, enhance the experience and improve fundraising.
Why this role?
Without our supporters, CRUK wouldn't be able to fund our life-saving research. In this role you will be responsible for establishing yourself as the primary point of contact with participants across our events portfolio. This'll include participants from CRUK organised events such as Shine - CRUK's night time marathon walk & the Race for Life but also from events in the commercial third party sector including the Virgin Money London Marathon, the Simplyhealth Great North Run & the Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon. You'll be on hand to help our supporters prepare for their challenge, keep them motivated throughout their journey with us & ensure they enjoy their event and get the most out of the experience whilst of course raising as much money as possible for our life-saving research.
Who we are looking for?
You will be talented, with a real passion to deliver outstanding results and show real passion.
You can support us through your…
- Relevant experience in a Customer/Supporter Service contact environment
- Experience of conversing confidently with a diverse range of individuals verbally, internally and externally, and convey information articulately
- Strong supporter focus, calm disposition and ability to work in a team
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build rapport and influence audience
- Experience working to defined Service Level Agreements.
If you can do all this and more then apply now and enjoy a great career with us. Together we will beat cancer.
Please see the following link for a full candidate pack:
At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on
Please note, our head office is relocating from Islington to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.