Technical Support Analyst
Reports to: Senior Technical Support Analyst
Location: Cambridge. Babraham Research Campus. You will be required to travel to travel to London and other Cambridge offices as and when needed.
Flexibility: We're flexible on how you do your work, with this role you will only expected to be in the office 1 or 2 days per week.
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 dependent on experience.
Application method:?Please complete the anonymous application form, making sure?all of?your experience is included so that we are able to effectively shortlist. We will not be able to see any attachments of CV's until we shortlist, so it is essential you follow the instructions to apply.
Application Deadline: Midnight 31st January 2022. Do not delay applying as we will be shortlisting on application and may close the advert early.
You can find more information by clicking the
Seasoned Technical Support Analyst with proven experience in MS Operating Systems, Office 365 and virtual machines needed to in our scientific laboratory's supporting our scientists working to help us in our quest to find a cure for all cancers!
This role will give specialist support to staff and technical equipment within the Research and Innovation (R&I) IT team. Our team support Therapeutic Discovery Laboratories (TDL) in multiple laboratory sites: Babraham Research Campus (Cambridge), Functional Genomics Centre (Cambridge), Antibody Alliance Laboratory (Cambridge), Francis Crick Institute (London) and Beatson Institute (Glasgow).
What will I be doing?
- Providing first, second and third line support for office hardware and laboratory computers.
- Providing first and second line support for software applications (including Office 365 & scientific applications).
- Administering scientific application licencing and renewal processes where necessary.
- Creating and managing Office 365: calendars, resources & distribution groups when necessary.
- Managing permissions and access to files within TDL network drives
- Performing data restores when requested by end-user.
- Ensuring relevant information, regarding incidents & known problems, is communicated to all interested parties in a timely manner.
What skills do I need?
- Substantial experience of: - Windows Operating systems (10 & Server), Virtual machines, MS Exchange administration, Office 365 (including Teams and OneDrive), Active Directory.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills with proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, both hardware and software.
What will I gain?
- 25 days annual leave a year plus public holiday and 1 CRUK day.
- Working in an award-winning team on exciting range of different projects.
- Competitive pension scheme paying up to 10% matched contributions.
- A brilliant learning and development environment.
- A range of generous rewards and benefits via our Rewards platform everything from gym membership, cinema tickets to discounts on cars.
Our optimism and desire for success leads us to constantly challenge ourselves and others, which means you'll be encouraged to stretch yourself in our dynamic environment. And, ultimately you'll know that you'll be changing lives through your work.?