University Partnerships Manager
Salary: £38,000 - £50,000 dependant on experience + excellent benefits
Contract length: Permanent
Location: Stratford, London (with flexibility for home working)
Closing date: Ongoing
Please note that we are looking to appoint this role as soon as possible, so will be shortlisting and interviewing on an ongoing basis. Early application is strongly encouraged to avoid disappointment.
Are you a self-motivated and sharp minded individual with a passion for science and experience of Business Development that can help us beat cancer sooner?
Ximbio is the world's largest non-profit technology transfer organisation dedicated exclusively to research reagents. Ximbio forms part of Cancer Research UK, the world's largest independent cancer research funding organisation, which funds research in excess of $500M annually. Ximbio is part of Cancer Research UK Commercial Partnerships (formerly Cancer Research Technology) where it has partnered with and commercialises the research reagents of more than 70 universities, technology transfer offices and research organisations worldwide.
Our mission is to make research reagents such as mouse models, cell lines, antibodies, small molecules, proteins, etc. developed in academia around the world easily available to researchers and life science companies to accelerate research. Ximbio is based in London with a satellite office in Boston, USA, with plans to expand further.
The Ximbio University Partnerships Manager role would be ideal for a life science graduate with a PhD (or relevant experience) and at least two years' experience of commercial life science licensing in a technology transfer role.
The post holder will be expected to...
- Manage existing and new university partnerships worldwide
- Develop new business leads with life science reagent supply companies, pharma and biotech, including contract negotiation and execution of new commercial deals
- Full contract/license management of key accounts
- Training of junior members of the business development and product acquisition teams.
What we can offer you...
- A wonderful culture where everyone feels valued
- 25 days leave per annum with the option to buy 5 extra days
- Excellent pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loan
- Volunteering opportunities
- Fantastic work/life balance and flexible working.
Please see the following link for a full candidate pack:
* Please note that this role is known internally known as Business Development Manager.