Location: Working from home or from the office on The Strand, London
Reports to: CEO
Cancer Support UK provides practical and emotional support to people living with cancer, both during and after the treatment period. We support people with all kinds of cancer across the UK.
The communications manager plans and delivers communications to key groups, such as supporters, volunteers, service users and journalists. The post holder will be an excellent writer and editor and will write, edit, coordinate and publish content across various channels, including the website, social media, and within printed and online marketing materials.
They will manage the Communications intern and support communications and marketing campaigns to raise awareness or funds, while progressively improving organisational understanding of what works for different audiences.
• Maintain social media accounts, actively posting content to build engagement and communities
• Produce regular reports detailing social media and website activity
• Develop, manage and update content for website and any related blogs
• Produce regular reports detailing website activity using Google Analytics
• Lead on copy-writing and production of service user materials and key publications eg. Annual Review
• Design, copy-write and distribute monthly e-bulletins
• Oversee the management of a case study database, actively collating stories and images, gaining relevant permissions
• Produce, edit and distribute updates and materials for external and internal audiences, dealing sensitively with those whose personal experiences might be featured
• Provide communications support for fundraising campaigns as required
• Help market and communicate forthcoming events (fundraising) and training (transactional fundraising)
• Ensure consistent branding is used
• Help maintain and build reputation
• Act as a brand champion
• Maintain library system for press cuttings, monitor cuttings and report
Publicity and media
• Increase the organisation’s profile across media, and with influencers and organisations
• Act as a spokesperson when necessary
• Develop relationships with target media representatives
• Write releases, articles and statements
• Respond to requests from the press for comments, views and supporting information and maximise opportunities for further engagement on relevant topics
• Provide support to PR consultant activities as required
• Participate in cross-functional projects as required
• Manage any volunteers and interns as required
• Manage relationships with suppliers as required
• Demonstrable ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders in support of strategic objectives
• Knowledge of design and brand development
• Experience of developing marketing and communications strategies
• Experience of hands-on delivery of related operational activities
• Successful leadership of projects and campaigns
• High quality writing and proof-checking copy for internal and external communications
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Please submit a CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the requirments of the role. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.