We are seeking a part time Trusts Manager (major grants) to join our small but dynamic team. Flexible and home working options available.
This new role is for a Trusts Manager with a proven track record of securing significant and six figure gifts from trusts, foundations and other grant giving organisations; experience of researching and identifying new funding opportunities; and excellent written and oral communication skills in dealing with internal and external stakeholders. They will work alongside the current Trusts Manager who is responsible for small grants to help build CSUK’s total grant income.
- Lead on applications for £50k+ annual and multi-year grants through effective research and cultivation, as well as through the creation of well-written and persuasive cases for support for Cancer Support UK.
- Have responsibility for an income target of up to £250k.
- Liaise with operational colleagues to identify projects and priorities for funding, and in consultation with the Head of Fundraising develop them into compelling projects for funders.
- Apply to a range of major trusts and grant giving bodies who have the potential to give five and six figure annual grants, ensuring that applications are closely aligned to the objectives of the funder and CSUK.
- Work in collaboration with the existing Trusts Manager (who focuses on small grants) to ensure that all opportunities for grant applications are taken advantage of.
• An experienced trusts fundraiser with a demonstrable track record of securing high five-figure and six figure grants
• Demonstrable ability to write compelling bids –experience within health would be desirable
• Strong internal and external communication skills
• Ability to quickly learn about Cancer Support UK’s work
• Analytical ability to seek funding and craft the most relevant approach
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Ability to prioritise and work quickly and efficiently
• Excellent spoken and written English skills
• Ability to work independently, meet deadlines with strong prioritisation skills
• Grant management expertise with an understanding of complex funders and multi year relationships to support long term organisational aims
• A collaborative fundraiser, happy to work as part of a small and effective team to support income generation
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role through Charity Job. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Cancer Support UK request no contact from agencies please. Thank you.