Sessional Counsellor Role Description
Purpose: To support adult clients who have experienced any form of sexual violence
Time: Flexible: weekdays / evenings / weekends.
Location: Flexible: remote support plus CARA locations across mid and north Essex.
Supervisor: CARA Practitioners
Hours required: A minimum of five CARA clients per week.
Rates: Rates are £25-£30 per hour, counselling rooms provided free-of-charge.
Qualifications: Counsellors must be qualified and have completed a course that is accredited by BACP or UKCP.
Main tasks are to:
- Support at least five CARA clients each week
- Attend clinical supervision
- Attend line management meetings
- Abide by CARA policies and procedures
- Abide by BACP’s Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Maintain and update accurate database records of clients
- Attend relevant training
- Attend monthly CARA meeting
What we expect from the counsellor:
- All counsellors must attend and complete specialist training.
- Attendance of one CARA Meeting per month.
- Attendance of monthly line-management meetings.
- Attendance of clinical supervision, provided by a CARA-approved supervisor.
- Commitment and understanding of the importance of clinical supervision.
- An open and non-judgemental attitude.
- Commitment to keep and maintain confidential database records;
- Demonstrable understanding of safeguarding, both in relation to children and to vulnerable adults;
- Counsellors will be working with clients on behalf of CARA and not on a private basis. As such, they will be bound by CARA’s processes, policies and procedures.
- Commitment to the feminist ethos of CARA
- Willingness to commit the necessary time to supporting vulnerable clients
- Willingness to work as part of a team to develop the work of the organisation
- Owing to the nature of the role, we are only able to take on female candidates
What the counsellor can expect from us:
- Full training and support will be provided
- Ongoing training opportunities
- The opportunity to gain career progression
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and those with additional language skills, including BSL.
Appointments are open to women only and are exempt from the Equality Act (2010) under Schedule 9, Part 1.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.