About the role:
We are looking for an experienced media and communications professional to join our Marketing team as the Global Media and Communications Lead. The successful candidate will have significant experience in Media and Communications roles, including within sustainability, and will have excellent team leadership skills.
This role will create a public relations, media and communications strategy in line with the Carbon Trust business objectives in the UK and internationally. It will lead the development of a Carbon Trust integrated content strategy, across channels and geographies and do so in line with business and brand objectives. It will lead on the creation of a Carbon Trust external communications plan and will play a key role in shaping the Carbon Trust external narrative and brand image through its visibility, coverage, and engagement at a global level.
The Carbon Trust's mission is to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy. We are independent experts on carbon reduction and resource efficiency, who reinvest surpluses from group commercial activities into our mission.
The Carbon Trust provides innovative advice to governments and businesses around the world to support the global transition to a low carbon economy. We work closely with decision makers and implementers in key institutions in the UK and across multiple emerging and developing countries on low-carbon finance, programmes, policy and technology.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The post holder will have vital responsibility in delivering:
- Media and communications strategy development across digital, social, press, partnerships and events channels across the global network of Carbon Trust’s offices
- Integration of channels, audiences and geographies in line with business objectives
- Reactive and proactive organizational reputational management, including crisis communications and training senior stakeholders in crisis management process
- Work together with colleagues from across the organisation to create an integrated media and communications plan that reflects the leadership of our work and positions the Carbon Trust as a confident, global thought leader in the journey towards a lower carbon future
- Work together with colleagues across the organisation & Marketing team to coordinate content creation across channels, in line with business objectives
- Lead on the creation of Carbon Trust’s key messaging library, across a set of key business areas, in readiness for media coverage and reactive communications
- Support senior stakeholders in media training
- Lead on maximizing the visibility of and stakeholder engagement with Carbon Trust high profile reports, campaigns and events
- Advise on and support the delivery of key media partnerships
- Lead an innovation agenda in the Carbon Trust’s media channels, with particular focus on digital and the internationalisation of our brand
- Provide internal training to the organisation around the media landscape and how best to tap into the current climate change agenda
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the international teams to support the localisation of communications activity linked to Carbon Trust brand and project delivery
- Lead on communicating Carbon Trust’s impact, including our annual impact report and case studies evidencing impact
- Support the Associate Director of Strategic Market Engagement in the communications strategy delivery of agreed client & partner communications, in line with business development objectives and maximising Carbon Trust’s brand value and visibility
- Be responsible for budgets to agreed levels
- Line manage media and communications functional experts within the Marketing and Communications Team
Key skills we are looking for:
- Flexible and agile learner
- Strong team leadership and line management expertise
- Has specialist knowledge in more than one area of media & communications, including media partnerships, social and digital
- Strong evidence of successful cross team working and delivery through others
- Self-starter with initiative and passion for climate change
- Budget management skills
- Excellent level of written English (additional language skills are of benefit)
Qualifications and experience:
- Significant experience in media and communications roles
- Experience in creating integrated, global media strategy and strong delivery thereof
- Experience in sustainability communications, either in house or agency side
- International experience highly desirable
- Line management experience
- Experience of working on multiple projects at one time
- Experience of managing complex projects
- Excellent project management skills
- Educated to degree level minimum
- Experience of working with senior managers and stakeholders
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a performance based bonus. Our hours are 37.5 per week with 28 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and a generous pension scheme.
At the Carbon Trust we offer flexibility around working from home and our employees are able to work from home for half of their weekly working hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
Our head office is in London, close to Blackfriars and Waterloo stations, we offer travel card loans, a cycle to work scheme, company away days and a 24-hour Employee Assistance Helpline.
Joining the Carbon Trust provides an opportunity to work alongside some of the leading practitioners in the low carbon arena so if you are excited by this opportunity and would like to join us please click the apply button to visit our application page and submit your CV and a cover letter.
We are an equal opportunities employer, value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK. No agencies or publications.
Please be aware that due to the current situation surrounding Covid-19, interviewing and onboarding processes will take place via video conferencing.