Why work for us?
CARE International UK is developing its new strategic plan and IT plays a major part in this. The new IT Strategy is being developed with focus on supporting other teams to improve efficiency and performance and ensure cross-team coordination on IT.
At CARE International UK we affirm the dignity, potential and contribution of participants, donors, partners and staff. Our actions are consistent with our mission. We are honest and transparent in what we do and say and accept responsibility for our collective and individual actions. We work together effectively to serve the larger community. We constantly challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance to achieve greater impact.
The post holder is expected to have these skills and experience in the following:
- Acting as CARE UK internally/externally hosted database and SharePoint Intranet administrator, meet with business teams to define needs, implementing those needs, and working with the internal IT dept.
- Manage data manipulation by using e.g., stored procedures, transactions, triggers etc. to provide information to help management decision.
- Implement business need by identifying the correct delivery method.
- Take leadership role in Project Managing the upgrade or implementation of all relevant business solutions, be a focal point for delivery across the organization.
- DBA Support - administration, maintenance, and technical support of CIUK’s database systems and BI Tools .
- Technical Application 3rd line support – providing technical expertise to Care’s IT Helpdesk/Support Engineers relating to in-house built applications.
- General administration of CARE databases including but not limited to backups, maintenance, security and necessary upgrades when required or needed.
For more information, please read the Candidate Brief.
About the role
The post holder has responsibility for maintaining the relevant CIUK’s Business Applications and Information Systems and working with different departments in identifying IT issues to support CIUK’s existing business processes and operations. The post holder also needs to be an expert in this field.
CARE International is one of the world’s leading humanitarian and development charities. We fight poverty and injustice in the world’s most vulnerable places. We save lives in disasters and conflicts. We stand with women, girls and their communities to achieve lasting change for a better future.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
CARE International UK is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, respectful and safe work environment where all persons are treated fairly, with dignity and respect. We are committed to dismantling harmful and oppressive structures of power and accordingly centre gender equity in our work to save lives, fight poverty and achieve social justice. The post holder agrees to promote and uphold these principles.
CARE International UK operates fair, transparent and non-discriminatory recruitment practices and actively encourages applications from candidates from a variety of backgrounds, and with a range of skills and experiences. We are particularly interested to hear from candidates from Black and minoritised communities, LGBT+ candidates and disabled candidates.
CARE International UK is a disability confident employer. As part of our commitment to disability inclusion we guarantee interviews to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria for the role. To be considered under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme please complete the relevant section in the online application form. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require reasonable adjustments, including a copy of the recruitment pack in large print or an alternative format, please contact hr team.
CARE International UK has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a vulnerable adult or a child by any of our staff, representatives or partners. Recruitment to all jobs in CARE International UK includes, in particular, criminal record checks and the collection of relevant references. Safeguarding our beneficiaries is our top priority in everything we do.
To apply, please click on the apply button to be redirected to our website for the application form. Also, download and read the Business Systems Administrator Pack, including the Job Description and Person Specification for more details on the role. Applications are completed online. If you require a copy of the recruitment pack in large print or an alternative format please contact hrteam. Please note, Curriculum Vitae’s (CVs) will not be accepted..
Closing date for applications: 23:59 Wednesday 25th May 2022
Interview date: w/c Monday 6th June 2022
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.