CARE International UK have an amazing opportunity for you to become their new Head of Financial Planning and Analysis.
We are seeking outstanding finance professionals with:
- genuine relish for driving change and making an impact
- a deep connection with the cause
- a positive and caring approach to leadership
CARE International operates in more than 104 countries around the world. We run poverty-fighting programmes and deliver life-saving aid in 90 developing countries. This work is supported by global policy and advocacy work, fundraising, and programme management provided by CARE members in countries like the USA and the UK.
CARE’s Vision 2030 is the Confederation’s 10-year strategy. Gender justice is central to our work and we recognise that poverty cannot be eradicated and social justice achieved while gender inequality persists. Discrimination against women has negative implications for global security and development, economic performance, food security, health, climate adaptation and the environment, governance, and stability. CARE’s 2030 goal is that 50 million people of all genders experience greater gender equality (particularly eliminating Gender Based Violence, and increasing women and girls’ voice, leadership and education)
The Head of FP&A will work closely with the Finance Director in the delivery of the organisation’s financial objectives and is expected to contribute to the financial culture, strategy and development of the organisation. The Head of FP&A will oversee the management of the Group’s financial planning, internal reporting and analysis including the annual budget process, monthly management accounts and quarterly forecasting process. This role will manage the provision of finance business partnering support to the different elements of CIUK’s fundraising teams and to the IT, Finance and CEO’s Office, with a dotted line to the Executive Director of Fundraising, Partnerships and Communications. This role will be responsible for leading the ongoing improvement to the financial planning process and to internal financial reporting, bringing professional financial leadership to the Financial Planning & Analysis Team and the wider organisation.
The Finance team provides two key functions:
- Financial accounting and control: ensuring a sound system of internal financial control is in place; statutory financial reporting; treasury management; cash flow forecasting; accounts receivable; accounts payable; management of Shared Service Centre (Manila) relationship.
- Financial Planning & Analysis: financial planning, budgeting and forecasting; management accounts; business partnering; internal financial reporting and analysis.
- Excellent experience of budget planning and preparation
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Strong team management skills: able to manage a team to deliver to good standard
- Able to identify and deliver improvements to financial management and internal financial reporting
- Ability to understand the wider picture and to advise and influence colleagues outside of direct line management,
- Good attention to detail and a logical approach
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships across teams and to influence change
- Ability to manage a busy workload, including flexibility to respond to changing priorities and work to deadlines
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
CARE International UK is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, respectful and safe work environment where all persons are treated fairly, with dignity and respect. We are committed to dismantling harmful and oppressive structures of power and accordingly centre gender equity in our work to save lives, fight poverty and achieve social justice. The post holder agrees to promote and uphold these principles.
CARE International UK operates fair, transparent and non-discriminatory recruitment practices and actively encourages applications from candidates from a variety of backgrounds, and with a range of skills and experiences. We are particularly interested to hear from candidates from Black and minoritised communities, LGBT+ candidates and disabled candidates.
CARE International UK is a disability-confident employer. As part of our commitment to disability inclusion we guarantee interviews to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria for the role. To be considered under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme please complete the relevant section in the online application form. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require reasonable adjustments, including a copy of the recruitment pack in large print or an alternative format, please contact Phil Southern at Ivy Rock Partners.
CARE International UK has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a vulnerable adult or a child by any of our staff, representatives or partners. Recruitment to all jobs in CARE International UK includes criminal record checks and the collection of relevant references. Safeguarding our beneficiaries is our top priority in everything we do.
To have a conversation about this role please contact Phil Southern at Ivy Rock Partners before the closing date of 24th June 2022.