Programme Management Lead
The Programme Management Lead will have two key strands to their role – one within the Programme Management Team and one working with other colleagues across the organisation on risk management.
Within the Programme Management Team, the post holder will line manage / countersign for 4-5 Senior Programme Managers and 1 Programme Officer. As such no more than half of their time will be spent managing projects directly. The post holder will be responsible for planning work across the team, managing capacity and communicating the quality of work / impact.
The post holder will have a wider role across CIUK, working with and supporting other teams and colleagues on managing and monitoring risk. The postholder will lead the risk management processes and meetings, making sure all teams record, monitor and mitigate risks consistently.
2. Specific Areas of Responsibility
· The post holder will manage all (4-5) Senior Programme Managers in the team.
· Leading on recruitment, induction, objective setting and day to day management.
· The post holder will provide day to day support to the Senior Programme Managers on a range of programmes (humanitarian, development, corporate funded).
· Senior Programme Managers hold ultimate responsibility for projects, however they do not line manage programme Finance Specialists. The post holder will work with the team lead Programme Finance on work scheduling and delivery issues.
· The post holder will manage a small portfolio directly
· They will have oversight for the whole of the Programme Management team portfolio – c. £120m.
· The postholder will ensure systems and procedures are followed consistently across the portfolio.
· The post holder will need to ensure that CARE International Standards are used consistently and throughout the project cycle. The post holder needs to be aware of the contribution of their team to the CI 2030 Vision.
· The post holder will lead on risk across CIUK portfolio and will work across teams to ensure that data is prepared for risk meetings.
· Leading the preparation of the risk papers ahead of the risk meetings every two months.
· Chairing the risk meetings.
· Continuously review and improve the CIUK risk management processes.
Knowledge and Expertise
· The post holder will bring / develop knowledge of successfully working with a range of non-traditional institutional donors as well as corporate donors and partners.
· The post holder will bring / develop expertise on commercial contracting and be able to support skills development across programme managers in this area.
· The post holder will have / develop a strong understanding of safeguarding issues and be able to help programme managers deliver against their safeguarding responsibilities.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.