Care of Police Survivors (COPS) is a charity that supports the families of police officers and staff that have died on duty. We principally support these families, referred to as survivors in COPS, with opportunities to meet and connect with each other on a regular basis enabling them to build their own resilient support networks with others who have experienced the same tragic loss.
COPS is entirely funded by donations.
The fundraising and supporter manager is responsible for developing the fundraising strategy and for working with the CEO, the fundraising assistant, and other members of the COPS team to deliver the strategy.
You are an exceptional and multifaceted fundraiser, an excellent relationship builder with the skills to maintain and develop existing relationships with key fundraisers and sponsors as well as identify and develop new channels of income for the growing charity.
What we are looking for:
- You will be an experienced fundraiser with at least three years’ experience working in the third sector.
- You should have good working knowledge of Fundraising Regulator Code of Practice and GDPR
- Someone with compassion and understanding as COPS supports the bereaved.
- You will have led a small team and/or worked very closely with colleagues to lead the delivery of multiple fundraising opportunities as well as working with fundraisers and supporters on delivering their activities.
- You will have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to build relationships internally and externally.
- You will be highly organised, able to work under pressure to strict deadlines and be fluid to deal with changing priorities and last-minute deadlines.
- Proactive and naturally inquisitive within all areas of your work.
- Able to demonstrate excellent levels of customer service and satisfaction.
- Self-motivated, you work with initiative and are focused on quality and attention to detail.
- Confident with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience using databases is essential. Experience with Raisers Edge – the COPS’ database platform would be an advantage but not essential as training will be provided.
- Flexible to work additional hours needed to meet deadlines and attend occasional events.
- You will have a Full Driver’s License with access to a car.
What will the role involve:
- Developing, planning and delivering a comprehensive fundraising strategy.
- Working closely with major fundraisers to help streamline and deliver their events.
- Managing and coordinating, with the administrative support of the fundraising assistant, delivery of all COPS fundraising events – particularly the annual COPS Winter Ball.
- Working with the board of trustees and the CEO, deliver key income objectives.
- Undertake regular research to identify and research potential funding opportunities from existing and new funding sources.
- Work with the team to identify and negotiate donor and sponsorship relationships, across major donors, trusts and foundations, corporates, institutional funders and the wider police family
- Submitting quarterly board report on the fundraising area.
- Accountable for the day-to-day management of the charity’s fundraising administration
- Communicating internally with the team and externally with survivors, guests and suppliers. Demonstrating excellent customer service at all levels.
- Responsibility for ensuring the ongoing maintenance of the charity’s database in relation to all fundraising and sponsorship.
- Managing and developing online giving platforms
- Managing communications and relationships with supporters, fundraisers, and donors
- Ensuring the charity’s ongoing compliance with Fundraising Regulations and GDPR
- Maximising the amount of Gift Aid that can be reclaimed by COPS
- Working with the SFC to ensure the database is an accurate and timely reflection of funds received, including importing donations and coding gifts appropriately
- Any other tasks that will support the charity for which you have the necessary skills and experience.
Please apply ASAP by sending your CV and a covering letter stating why you are interested in the role.
We will be interviewing on a rolling basis as applications are received .