We are medium sized charity with a high profile and fast-moving media narrative. We need an experienced and dynamic communications manager to help promote and build our presence who has an awareness of how to handle sensitive topics.
We are looking for a comms manager with significant experience of digital to join our team. We want to build our presence to increase donations and promote pro-migration messaging and create more structured campaigns across all social media channels. We’re active on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and want to grow our audience to encourage more people to support us.
We work in a high-pressured environment, so a calm resilience is important. You’ll value collaboration and will be a natural communicator as well as a digital expert. If you appreciate audience insight, the importance of value-based messaging, why story telling matters and have a strong understanding of the role of digital in changing attitudes we’d love to hear from you.
Develop and implement a digital comms strategy for Care4Calais including social media, website, online engagement and email marketing, all geared towards achieving greater visibility and engagement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of social media channels including growth of Instagram and twitter audiences
- Implement and develop a digital engagement strategy, including search engine optimisation, across all our on-line content
- Generate awareness of Care4Calais and refugee protection issues. Keep up to date with sector developments and news
- Continually improve website to provide trusted, interesting, informative and personalised online content which is up to date
- Evaluate and communicate statistics and results on our digital offer
- Keep abreast of development in the digital arena, identify new digital opportunities
- Liaising with volunteers and partners on the ground and translating this into interesting, bitesize pieces of content for social media.
- Understanding of or empathy with the refugee and migration sector
- Up-to-date knowledge of and genuine interest in content strategy, user experience principles/design techniques and emerging digital trends
- Excellent, professional knowledge of how to produce engaging social media content
- Excellent copywriter with an ability to translate complex and sensitive narratives into easily accessible online stories
- Ability to respond creatively to a challenging media narrative
- Ability to maintain and develop a brand, working within messaging guidelines and using the appropriate tone of voice
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with ability to negotiate and manage multiple priorities - practical, pragmatic and effective
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, influencing and problem-solving skills
- Excellent coaching skills
- Ability to maintain positive relationships
- Producing and publishing optimised, accessible social media and website content for a range of audiences
- Using content management systems and data analytics packages
- Using data and research to shape decisions and improve outcomes
- Working on digital projects using an agile methodology
- Experience of working on sensitive issues and/or politically controversial topics
Please provide a covering letter that explains why you are suitable for this role and why you want to work with Care4Calais - we will ONLY consider applications that are accompanied by a covering letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.