We are a medium-sized charity looking for an experienced Communications Manager to work in a high profile and fast-moving narrative. We work in a high-pressured environment, so a calm resilience is important. You’ll value collaboration and will be a natural communicator and digital expert. If you understand how to use audience insights, the importance of value-based messaging, why storytelling matters and have a strong understanding of the role of digital in changing attitudes, we’d love to hear from you.
Develop and implement a digital communications strategy for Care4Calais across social media, website and email marketing, to achieve greater visibility and engagement.
Responsibilities will include
- Day-to-day management and content creation for social media channels, increasing reach across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Regularly updating the website, creating trusted, informative and up-to-date content.
- Using analytics to continuously evaluate the digital strategy and advise the wider team.
- Increase awareness of Care4Calais and refugee protection issues. Keep up to date with sector developments and promote pro-migration messaging.
- Work with our volunteers and partners on the ground to identify storytelling opportunities.
- Stay up to date on developments with digital technology, identifying new opportunities.
The ideal person
- Understanding of and empathy with the refugee and migration sector and experience working with sensitive and politically controversial topics.
- Up-to-date knowledge of content and social strategy, user experience principles and emerging digital trends. Demonstrated experience managing social media channels and content management systems.
- Skilled copywriter, with an ability to translate complex and sensitive narratives into easily accessible stories.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with ability to negotiate and manage multiple priorities - practical, pragmatic and effective.
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, influencing and problem-solving skills
- Excellent coaching skills
Please provide a covering letter that explains why you are suitable for this role and why you want to work with Care4Calais - we will only consider applications that are accompanied by a covering letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.