Care4Calais are recruiting for an experienced and professional Digital Marketing Manager to develop and manage our digital communications and campaigns during an exciting period of rapid organisational growth.
This year will be incredibly important for the future of refugee rights within the UK, and the fast paced and high-profile nature of the sector can be challenging. We’re looking for a digital expert who is hands-on, values collaboration and is a natural communicator. If you understand how to use audience insights, the importance of value-based messaging, why storytelling matters and have a strong understanding of the role of digital in changing attitudes, we’d love to hear from you.
As an expanding charity working in complex media environment, the work can be highly pressured, so a calm resilience is important.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to analyse and optimise our digital channels, establishing structure and processes to effectively meet our charity objectives. You’ll have end-to-end experience of planning, managing and analysing effective and innovative multi-channel campaigns.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fearless team of game changers dedicated to positively changing the lives of refugees by changing negative media portrayal and public perceptions.
Please provide a covering letter that explains why you are suitable for this role and why you want to work with Care4Calais - we will only consider applications that are accompanied by a covering letter.
Implement and optimise a digital strategy for Care4Calais, covering all channels including website, paid and organic social, and email. You’ll be leading effective campaigns on digital fundraising, volunteer acquisition, online engagement, increasing visibility and influencing attitudes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning and implementing the digital strategy, including day-to-day management/implementation of paid social, PPC, social media, email, SEO and digital PR.
- Optimising our website through continual analysis, testing and learning - we are looking to redesign our website to improve our supporter journey and accessibility to resources.
- End-to-end campaign management of paid media, both campaign-focused and ‘always-on’ activity, ensuring a steady stream of donations to support our essential work.
- Designing, testing, delivering and evaluating email marketing campaigns to drive supporter engagement and donor acquisition. You’ll lead on CRM projects including supporter analysis, segmentation of supporter data, and setting up email funnels to develop relationships and re-engage previous supporters.
- Content marketing, working with the wider team to create a structured content plan in order to create a positive story around refugees and migration across our website and socials (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). You’ll be helping translate complex and sensitive narratives into easily-accessible stories.
- Working with our website developer to manage website updates on Wordpress for both our main site and shop site
- Thorough analysis and reporting of campaign and website data. You’ll be identifying opportunities and trends, using your findings to advise the wider team on all aspects of digital.
- Working with agencies and external stakeholders to ensure a cohesive and engaging brand identity across all touchpoints.
- Increasing awareness of Care4Calais and refugee protection issues and keeping up to date with sector developments and promoting pro-migration messaging.
- Working with our volunteers and partners on the ground to identify storytelling opportunities.
- Staying up to date on developments with digital technology, identifying new opportunities.
Person Specification: Required Skills and Experience
- Hands-on experience of planning, implementing and evaluating effective digital campaigns across all channels.
- Strong ability to analyse data and identify trends using digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Proficient use of relevant digital platforms, including social media platforms, CMS, Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads, Google Search Console, Google Analytics (or similar) and Mailchimp (or similar).
- Experience of using audience insight to inform marketing strategy, content creation and targeting.
- Ability to plan and commission compelling content to engage our core supporter base whilst being responsive to their needs. Ability to translate complex and sensitive narratives into easily accessible stories
- Strong organisational and project management skills, with a well-developed ability to manage competing priorities whilst working in a fast-paced and high-profile environment.
- Exceptional communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent coaching, motivational and management skills.
- Understanding of and empathy with the refugee and migration sector, and experience working with sensitive and politically-controversial topics.