Care4Calais is looking for a resourceful, ambitious and experienced Trusts and Foundations Manager to help shape and drive income during a time of rapid growth. The role will focus on creating a strong pipeline of new trusts and foundations from annual and multi-year grants, whilst managing our existing relationships. This is a crucial hire for the organisation as we enter a new phase of work and there is huge scope to make the job your own.
Care4Calais is a volunteer run charity delivering essential aid and support to refugees living in Northern France, Belgium and the UK. We believe in a fair and tolerant British society and advocate for a welcoming and inclusive attitude towards refugees. We have worked In Northern France and Belgium for five years, delivering direct aid and social support to 3,000 refugees sleeping rough near to Britain’s coast. Our UK operation launched in July 2020 and now works with approximately 3,500 asylum seekers in the UK who are currently living in Home Office accommodation. We provide direct aid and assistance with access to services including legal aid and medical support.
We are seeking a fundraiser with the T&F experience and network to navigate both our overseas and UK operations.
You may come from a small charity where you handled all aspects of the trusts and foundations funding cycle. You may have experience as a Fundraiser, Philanthropy Manager, Senior Trusts and Foundation Officer, Trusts and Foundation Manager, Partnerships Manager or from working at a Trust or Foundation directly, where you learnt what it takes to produce a killer funding application and to manage relationships. You might be looking for your next step on the ladder or want to move into a rapidly-growing charity doing essential work during a time of global crisis. Wherever you come from, you’ll find a fast-paced and rewarding role at Care4Calais where you will make real impact on the future of a charity working at the centre of the refugee and asylum-seeking crisis.
We are looking for a flexible, dynamic and enthusiastic fundraiser who can represent Care4Calais by articulating our work to funders both in written applications and in-person (when current circumstances allow). To succeed in this post, you will have the following skills and competencies:
- Experience of the whole funding cycle from researching donors to writing applications, securing funding, managing relationships, applying for and securing re-appeals
- Ability to create your own strong pipeline of trusts and foundations willing to support our work in Europe and the UK
- Proven track record of securing annual and multi-year grants of £10,000 and above
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to deliver on your own financial targets
- A strategic fundraiser who can work alongside the CEO to create longer-term strategies for T&F income streams, in line with the charity’s wider fundraising strategy
- Exceptional communicator with strong skills in writing, networking, influencing, negotiating and persuading
- Demonstrable experience building and maintaining strong working relationships both internally and externally
- An ability to get ‘stuck in’ as part of a small yet dynamic team
- Experience operating within humanitarian aid contexts is desirable but not essential
Please provide a covering letter that explains why you are suitable for this role and why you want to work for Care4Calais - we will only consider applications that are accompanied by a covering letter.