Care4Calais are recruiting for a professional and talented Media and Campaigns Co-ordinator to support our charity during an exciting period of rapid organisational growth.
This year will be incredibly important for the future of refugee rights within the UK, and the fast paced and high-profile nature of the sector can be challenging. We’re looking for an experienced Campaigns Co-ordinator who is passionate about refugee protection, has excellent attention to detail and is a natural communicator. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
From supporting legal challenges and preventing unfair deportations to promoting our work in Northern France you’ll be at the heart of some of the biggest public debates of the day. As an expanding charity working in complex media environment, the work can be highly pressured, so a calm resilience is important.
We are looking for a hands-on and driven individual to help implement and drive our media strategy and campaigns. The role will require excellent communication both within the charity and with external parties.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fearless team of game changers dedicated to positively changing the lives of refugees by changing negative media portrayal and public perceptions.
Please provide a covering letter that explains why you are suitable for this role and why you want to work with Care4Calais - we will only consider applications that are accompanied by a covering letter.
This role is critical to help the charity build their profile by delivering effective and positive media campaigns. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring engagement with Care4Calais supporters old and new.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing media campaigns in line with the objectives of Care4Calais
- Generate awareness of Care4Calais and refugee protection issues
- Collaborating effectively with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful campaigns
- Delivering media communications using high standard copy
- Writing media releases
- Building effective relationships with journalists and other facilitators
- Ensuring our brand is consistently applied through all media channels
Person Specification: Required Skills and Experience
- Experience of delivering successful media campaigns from start to finish
- Passion for what we do and for helping us to positively promote our brand
- Track record of building trusted relationships
- Excellent copywriter with an ability to translate complex and sensitive narratives into easily-accessible stories
- Ability to maintain and develop a brand working within messaging guidelines and using the appropriate tone of voice
- Ability to respond creatively to a challenging media narrative
- Experience of working on sensitive issues and/or politically controversial topics
- Ability to stay calm under pressure whilst prioritising workload, ensuring deadlines are met
- Highly organised and analytical
- An appreciation of audience insight, the importance of value-based messaging and why story telling matters