Are you keen to get stuck in as part of a fast-growing social enterprise tackling fair access to careers in the digital sector?
Career Accelerator is an award winning education organisation helping working class 14-18-year-olds from diverse backgrounds (BAME / female / LGBTQ+) prepare for careers in the digital sector through employer support - led by top tech firms. We do this through providing a 3-month programme arranging workshops, mentoring and work experience for 20 high ability students per year group - all of which are led by leading tech firms including Vodafone, LinkedIn, Just Eat, Cisco and GoCardless.
Career Accelerator was set up 3 years ago and, so far, has worked with 10 schools in collaboration with 20 tech firms. We are backed by LinkedIn for Good, Teach First, Cambridge Social Ventures, The Young Academy and Year Here. We are supported by a Multi-Disciplinary Board of Advisers who are experts in the social enterprise, education, technology, diversity and inclusion sectors.
- Reports to: CEO
- Start date: April/June/July 2021 depending on when you can start.
- Hours: Typically, 9am-5pm, although there may be occasional early starts/ late finishes where required (e.g. for in-school delivery).
- Annual Leave: Bank Holidays plus 25 days per year.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Helping design and deliver the programme per school (10 schools in total)
- Helping promote the programme to 200 students through virtual assemblies.
- Selecting 20 students to be on the programme through reviewing their application forms and conducting interviews.
- Running a kick off workshop for the students to help them make the most of the programme.
- Matching business mentors and student mentees based on their information.
- Helping enhance the existing student handbooks.
- Stewarding the programme once underway e.g. through collecting and sharing feedback from young people with employers.
Working with partner schools
- Being the main point of contact for our partner schools.
- Working with our partner schools to make sure that we manage risk and fulfil legal requirements (e.g. consent).
- Supporting building relationships with new schools.
- Taking photos and videos during employer sessions.
- Promoting Career Accelerator's school outreach work on our social media (Twitter and LinkedIn).
- Supporting with designing and delivering school impact reports.
- Process employees’ Enhanced DBSs and sending these to our school partners before the programme starts.
- Support with enhancing our alumni network for students to provide them with post-programme support.
- Supporting us with our national expansion across the UK.
- Support us with our international pilot in up to 3 different countries.
- Support us with our pilot LGBTQ+ careers mentoring programme.
- Personal commitment to the Career Accelerator mission.
- Working with Schools. We want someone with successful past experience working in or with schools who understands this environment and how to succeed in it.
- Degree level educated or equivalent.
- Experience working in a team in professional or voluntary capacity.
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint (intermediate).
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Confident and professional in working with a range of stakeholders, from principals to students.
- Being able to engage young people.
- Confidence speaking to large audiences (e.g. assemblies).
- Able to use initiative and manage small projects independently.
The closing date is Friday 26th March.