It is a hugely exciting time to join Career Ready as we are ready to launch our new 3 year strategy. Our purpose is clear, our proposition is strong, the need is great and there has never been a better time to join us!
Regional Manager – London (with some travel across London and surrounding areas)
2 roles are available;
1 x Permanent Contract
1 x Fixed Term Contract for 12 months with potential to extend
Please note - whilst the roles are advertised as being based in our offices situated in Canary Wharf, London, we have a flexible working policy at Career Ready and although office based our staff regularly work remotely and from home.
£32,000 to £35,000 doe plus 25 days holiday & pension
Monday – Friday 35 hours per week
Career Ready is a national charity that links schools and colleges with employers to prepare young people for the world of work through a programme of regular contact with working people and workplaces.
We are a partner of the government-funded Careers & Enterprise Company extending employer engagement across England and are cited in statutory careers guidance.
Across London we work with 50 schools and colleges (400 across the UK) offering programmes based on our Skills for Career Success learning outcomes, delivered by employer volunteers. The core pillars of our programmes are a series of structured masterclasses, mentoring, workplace visits and work placements. Last year 98% of students aged 16-18 leaving our Career Ready Plus programme went on to positive destinations.
The main purpose of our Regional Manager team is to grow, develop and deliver all aspects of the day-to-day account management of:
- Schools and colleges running a Career Ready programme
- Employer supporters, corporate supporters, stakeholders and partners
Both Regional Manager roles that we are recruiting for will join our London and South East team (currently 9 people) and will work with colleagues to deliver the Career Ready programme in a number of London schools and colleges. There will be opportunities to collaborate and be creative, as well as being autonomous in how you run and develop the programme with your schools/colleges.
The fixed term post holder will have a reduced school/college portfolio as they will be required to work alongside the London and East Regional Lead to research and identify new business partnership opportunities across London, Essex and Suffolk.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Account manage on a regular basis schools and colleges running our programme. This will require support visits, managing events for students and corporate supporters, conducting Quality Assurance visits.
- Account manage relationships with regional and local corporate supporters and regional or local operations of national corporate supporters.
- Provide regular communication and reporting to the Lead Manager for London and the East.
- Lead a strategy on a select number of London boroughs which aligns to the wider regional strategy.
- Work in close co-operation with head office staff to provide a co-ordinated approach to the wider region, which could include joint regional events and covering for each other.
- Promote the contribution of Career Ready and awareness of Career Ready to potential supporters and assist in engaging their commitment to give both practical and financial support.
- Attend Local Advisory Boards meetings, where appropriate, at a city or affiliated school or college level.
- Help support mentor volunteers.
- Ensure that all regional management information is submitted to the national Salesforce database in a timely and accurate way.
- Support schools and colleges in delivery of work placements and paid internships.
- From time to time there may be a need to deliver sessions to skills and careers leads and to groups of young people within the school and college setting.
- Recruit new schools and colleges to the network from the region in accordance with priority target areas. Manage their induction, training, activities prior to launch and implementation of the Career Ready programme.
- Support the Lead Regional Manager with data collection and reporting requirements specific to trusts and foundations.
- Directly pursue a prioritised list of prospect corporate partners in line with our regional strategy, and research further potential regional income sources
- Use networking and commercial BD skills to cultivate potential regional donors
National and strategic management
- Contribute to the corporate work of Career Ready.
- With the Chief Executive, Director of Programmes and Lead Manager for London and the East monitor the state of Career Ready in the region and seek ways to promote its achievements and improve the service given by the central staff team.
- Attend meetings and training days with the national Regional Manager team (approximately 3 times a year).
- In conjunction with senior staff and the communications team, work to raise the profile of Career Ready in the Regional Manager’s area, and its key stakeholders in the regional and local media, business, and education communities.
- Undertake public speaking and media engagements as required to promote the work of Career Ready in the Regional Manager’s area.
- Assist schools and colleges on our programmes to plan, manage and run events to promote Career Ready and be prepared to present at such events.
- Attend national Career Ready events such as our annual A Capital Experience launch in December.
- Arrange and manage regional events including inductions and ice-breakers.
Promote a commitment to high standards of service, and to equality of opportunity through leadership, policy development and good practice. You will be able to build local partnerships with Schools, Colleges and employers with a view to growth with the Career Ready strategic plan. An entrepreneurial spirit allied with a can do attitude will go a long way.
- Target driven, but able to balance financial and non-financial objectives.
- Entrepreneurial with the ability to follow through and achieve results.
- Forward planner with excellent time management skills.
- Able to deliver targets and objectives, often alone, but also to rise above the detail and take a strategic perspective.
- Able to communicate effectively in a wide variety of situations, including formal speaking engagements to large audiences.
- Able to reach, network with and communicate to a wide range of stakeholders and potential stakeholders including senior business people, principals of schools and colleges and students.
- Able to operate corporately as part of the Career Ready team.
- Consultative and supportive management style.
- Skilled negotiator, internally and externally.
- Ability to use databases, Word, excel, PowerPoint and other ‘Office’ packages.
A flexible approach to working hours is essential as ‘out of hours’ meetings are common within the requirements of this role.
(i) Preferably three years in an education role. Experience could have been gained in schools, FE colleges or not-for-profit organisations, but the successful applicant must be able to gain credibility with senior managers in a variety of educational institutions; or
(ii) Three years experience in a not-for-profit organisation involved with young people; or
(iii) Three years experience in a community development or Corporate Social Responsibility role in a company; and
Evidence of commercial awareness and proven experience of account management.
Salary & Benefits
- £32,000-35,000 per annum, depending on experience.
- Plus 6% contribution to personal pension plan, subject to 3% employee contribution
- Annual leave: 25 days per annum plus bank/public holidays. The Charity is also closed between Christmas and New Year and there are an additional 2 days of leave available in August.
- Interest-free season ticket or bicycle purchase loans.
- Access to both our Reward Gateway Portal and an Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual Work Anniversary Gift Voucher
If you are interested in the role then please submit a CV and a covering letter stating why you believe you are suitable for the role, giving details of your current salary.
The closing date for applications is 10.00am on Monday 9th August and interviews will take place virtually on Wednesday 25th August.
Registered Charity Number 1092891
Please ensure that you include a covering letter as well as your CV.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.