POST: Senior Fundraising Executive
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Director of Fundraising & Business Development
Are you tired of working in just one area of fundraising? Looking to expand your skill set? The Senior Fundraising Executive role is a new position in our successful fundraising and business development team and your chance to make a real and lasting impact on the charity. The role will incorporate elements of corporate, individual giving and major donor fundraising and is a great opportunity for a fundraiser to gain experience across a range of fundraising disciplines.
Historically Career Ready has raised the majority of our income through corporate partnerships. This is still a significant source of funding for us but we are diversifying our income streams to increase our income during a period of strong organisational growth.
We are looking for a high performing fundraiser who can help us introduce a new individual giving and major donor programme as well as managing some key corporate partners.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage a small portfolio of national partnerships to develop the relationships, increasing the income and support we receive from each partner.
- Work with the team to develop new corporate partnerships with a national reach.
- Introduce a new Individual Giving programme to the organisation to create a long term and sustainable income stream.
- To create a stewardship programme to retain and grow individual giving relationships generated through the new IG programme.
- Work with the Director of Fundraising to grow our Major Donor programme and to manage the relationships generated through this.
- To work closely with the CEO and volunteers to approach their contacts and networks with a view to developing new partnerships.
- Promote all current and future Career Ready fundraising and communication activities to relevant potential partners.
- Work closely with the Events Manager to maximise cultivation opportunities from Career Ready’s annual events programme.
- Play an active role in the Business Development and Fundraising team, and across the organisation as a whole, presenting the team internally and externally, upholding Career Ready’s values and behaviours and fostering good working relationships and enhanced communications with colleagues.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the charity’s work, and of the needs of Career Ready students and schools.
- Understand and comply with charity law and Fundraising Code of Practice.
- Track, analyse and report upon performance using agreed performance measures (monthly and quarterly) and partake in regular supervision, annual appraisal and development opportunities.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and ensure proper observance of and adherence to all Career Ready policies and procedures.
- Carry out any duties that may reasonably be required in the light of the main purpose of the job including UK wide travel and some out-of-hours work.
Achievement of targets and KPIs including, but not restricted to:
- Growth from existing corporate partnerships – value/number of internships/volunteers
- Successful implementation of a new Individual Giving programme, which is generating income for the charity.
- Generation of new major donor relationships.
- Institute of Fundraising Codes adhered to
- Quality and effectiveness of administration
- Quality and effectiveness of teamwork and good working relationships with Career Ready staff, trustees and volunteers.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of income-generating activity in the commercial or voluntary sector.
- A proven track record in achieving ambitious financial targets.
- Experience of at least one of the following; Individual giving/major donor/corporate fundraising.
- Experience of giving presentations, pitches and a proven ability to close deals.
- Experience of account management
- Ability to build and develop effective relationships with partners at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly accurate with a strong attention to detail when handling information.
- Personal organisation and team-working skills, to manage the workload and ensure the production of high quality work, and manage and prioritise a varied workload to meet agreed deadlines.
- Strong inter-personal and relationship building skills.
- A self-starter who has a flexible, creative and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Excellent IT skills to enable the production of appealing and professional Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
- Ability to travel regularly and work out of hours
- A minimum three years’ experience of fundraising
- Experience of other funding stream e.g. trusts & foundations, Major Donors, individual giving, corporate, statutory etc.
- Experience of using Salesforce
Salary & Benefits
£32,000-36,000 per annum (DOE)
Plus 6% contribution to personal pension plan, subject to 3% employee contribution
Interest-free season ticket loan
Annual leave: 25 days per annum plus bank/public holidays. The office is also closed between Christmas and New Year and there is an additional 2 days of leave available in August
Appointment will be subject to a 3 month probation period during which time the contract may be terminated with one week’s notice.
An enhanced criminal records (DBS) check will be required for this role
Closing date for applications: 5.00pm, 4th October 2019
Interviews held week commencing 14th October 2019
Candidate takes up post on 2nd January 2020
If you are interested in the role, please submit by e-mail your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates clearly through use of examples, how your experience meets the requirements of the role and what attracts you to Career Ready. Please provide details of your current salary.
Please note that if your application is not accompanied by a covering letter your application will not be considered.
Registered Charity Numbers 1092891 (England & Wales) SCO43678 (Scotland)