We are looking for a Chief Executive Officer to provide leadership and management for our Carers Organisation. You will take overall responsibility for developing, implementing and achieving the business strategy and operational business plan in accordance with our vision, mission and values.
Carers Bucks (Carers Trust Bucks and Milton Keynes) and Carers Milton Keynes are well established Charities. Between them they have a turnover in excess of £1.7 million pounds and employ over 60 staff and nearly 100 volunteers. Since 2004 the organisations have been the main providers of support services to unpaid carers in Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes and they support just under 20,000 adult and young carers.
You will demonstrate an understanding of current issues affecting unpaid carers, young carers and vulnerable people and also have an overview of the current policies within local authorities and the NHS which support the organisation’s missions and aims.
The role also gives you the opportunity to influence the local political, health and social care agendas through networking and relationship building in order to promote the interests of carers.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working effectively with Boards of Trustees and a good understanding of governance requirements within small/medium sized charities
- Experience of leading effectively and confidently at a senior level
- Strategic thinking whilst also being responsive and ‘hands on’ as required
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at a strategic level with statutory organisations, and funders in order to plan developments in service provision
- A proven track record of bid writing and hitting fundraising targets and objectives
- A high degree of self-motivation
- An excellent communicator with the ability to strengthen connections with partner organisations and funders whilst representing the organisation
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.