We are seeking a Carers Service Manager to cover maternity leave for up to one year. This exciting opportunity will provide the right candidate with a chance to develop their leadership and management skills in a well-established carers charity in Central London. The successful candidate will have previous experience of managing teams in a social care setting and will have extensive knowledge of the Social Care Act 2014 and experience in carrying out carer's assessments.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Job Type: 12 months maternity contract
Location: Homeworking and City of Westminster and Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, London
Application deadline: 4th August
Interviews: w/b 10th August 2020
Duties will include
- Ensure the smooth running of the Carers Hub and any other services in allocated boroughs, including planning, assigning and overseeing work to ensure contract targets are met
- Line manage front-line staff of 4 Caseworkers (3 in Westminster, 1 in Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea)
- Coordinate a regular programme of training for carers.
- Work with the Communications and Marketing Officer to devise excellent and relevant content for carers' events
- Lead on actively developing strong relationships with local organisations and external stakeholders
- Lead on relationships with sub-contracted and partner organisations
- Lead on delivering training about carers to professionals as required, including giving presentations, in partnership with carers.
- Ensure that carers’ rights, needs and views are included in all relevant local strategies and initiatives.
- Facilitate the coproduction of activities with carers through a variety of methods.
- Manage a demanding level of administrative work to a high standard
- Undertake a limited amount of direct work with carers – carry out detailed carers assessment and support plans that address carers’ needs in line with the Care Act 2014.
- Carry out casework with carers, including liaising with other agencies such as Local Authorities, NHS bodies and other voluntary organisations.
Please write a covering letter detailing how you meet the criteria below – give examples of your work. Candidates who do not provide a covering letter covering these points may not be shortlisted.
- At least three years’ experience or working in the voluntary or charity sector.
- Experience of public-facing service or project management in a similar field of work.
- At least two years’ experience of line-managing teams of frontline staff.
- Experience of building external partnership relationships through outreach, networking and influencing.
- Substantial experience of working with a diverse range of clients with differing levels of needs.
- Substantial experience of managing own caseload including maintaining detailed case notes.
- Ability to balance a range of tasks with competing demands.
- Ability to build, coach and manage effective teams.
- Excellent IT skills, including use of Microsoft programmes and working with databases to run reports.
- Ability to manage a high level of written and administrative work, including report-writing for a range of audiences.
- Presentation skills.
- Knowledge of issues affecting unpaid carers.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, including the Care Act 2014, GDPR and Safeguarding.
- Flexible, positive approach to work in a small team.
- Passionate about providing high quality services to carers.
- Proactive working style, attention to detail.
- Commitment to equality and diversity.
We want to hear from all interested candidates, and to be considered for the position we strongly recommend submitting a detailed covering letter along with your CV, outlining why you're right for the role.
You're one click away ... Apply Now!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.