Bristol Parent Carers Forum has a critical role in working co-productively with the Local Authority, Health Services, Education and the Voluntary Sector in Bristol to amplify the voices of and represent families of children and young people 0- 25, with additional needs, life-limiting conditions or Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) living in or using services in Bristol. The Local Area is working hard to address the challenges raised in the Written Statement of Action. This new role will develop the strategy and vision for the Forum and ensure it effectively represents the views and opinions of the wide and diverse communities and families with SEND, within Bristol, working in a solution focused way with its stakeholders.
Do you have what it takes to do this role?
It is essential you have experience of a caring role for a child or young person with additional needs, life-limiting conditions or SEND 0-25, as well previous experience of working at a strategic level, leading a team or organisation. Whilst you don’t need to live in Bristol, you must have excellent knowledge of relevant services, how they operate, and understand the diverse communities in Bristol.
Some of the duties you will be undertaking are to:
- Provide motivational leadership for the Forum and developing the team, helping them to achieve their vision, mission and objectives
- Develop the Forum’s organisational and governance structures
- Act as an ambassador for and the face of the organisation, at events
- Attend meetings on behalf of Bristol Parent Carers Forum with the Local Authority, Health services and other local organisations, to effectively represent the views of parents and carers working co-productively
- Ensure the Forum is inclusive and collaborative, able to work closely with all its stakeholders
- Passionate about supporting children and young people with Special Needs and Disabilities and their families
- Strong leadership qualities able to manage a team of part time paid staff and volunteers with tact and diplomacy
- A confident individual with excellent interpersonal skills who is comfortable acting as the face of the organisation at public events
- Use of initiative will be invaluable, as well as having a “positive can do” approach
- Most importantly, you will need to demonstrate a calm, logical, diplomatic and collaborative manner when dealing with everyone you meet
What’s in it for you?
- The ability to help shape and influence services to support the families you represent
- The ability to develop the organisation and team to be successful and flourish
- You’ll be able to widen your own network of support and work as part of a committed team
- As well as your salary, you will be entitled to receive a stakeholder pension, sick leave and holiday entitlement annually
To apply, please download the application form. Closing date is midnight Sunday 21st March. Note the date for interviews will be Wednesday 31st March.
PLEASE NOTE - this role is working with Bristol Parent Carers however the recruitment is managed by and the employment contract issued by The Carers Support Centre.
· Given the nature of the Forum, the definition of a carer includes anyone with parental or caring responsibility which could include family members such as grandparents, siblings, foster and adoptive parents and anyone else with parental or caring responsibility of any child or young adult with SEND disabilities, additional needs, and/or life-limiting conditions, up to the age of 25 years old
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.