The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Job title: CEO Team Administrator
£10,398 + £1,714 ILW, 20 hours a week (9.00 to 13.00)
Location: Central London
Carers Trust is the largest UK wide charity for the nation’s 7 million unpaid carers. Together with our Network Partners, we provide support, information, advice and services for children, young people and adults caring, unpaid, for a family member or friend. The number of carers is a growing issue, with 3 in 5 of us likely to become a carer at some point in our lifetime. Carers save the UK economy over £119bn every year and act as a main support to our stretched health and social care systems.
We are currently looking for a Team Administrator to support the CEO team and assist the Executive Assistant in undertaking various administrative tasks to include answering queries coming through from the switchboard and the website, setting up internal and external meetings, assisting in preparation of papers for meetings, booking travel and accommodation for the Board of Trustees and CEO, submitting the CEOs expense claims, collating records for the Executive Assistants credit card, responsibility for incoming and outgoing post and to provide general administrative support. You will join a vibrant team and work in a modern office in central London.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a similar environment and be able to multi task effectively. Confident and competent in working with databases and IT packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook. Thinking on your feet and having a willing can-do attitude along with good attention to detail is required to assist in the smooth running of the office.
Job title: CEO Team Administrator – Chief Executive’s Team
Location: Unit 101, 164-180 Union Street, London, SE1 0LH
Responsible to: Executive Assistant
Salary per annum: Grade B. Full time starting salary £18,197 plus ILW £3,000 per annum (pro-rated for part time staff). Pro rata rate for 20 hours per week £10,398 plus £1,714 ILW per annum.
Hours: 20 hours per week (9.00 to 13.00 Monday to Friday)
Annual leave: Pro rata of 26 days plus 11.5 bank holiday and office closure days
Main aims of the post
· To provide administrative support, primarily to the Chief Executive and Executive Assistant.
· To provide an informed and helpful switchboard service to all callers.
Duties to include
1. Support the Executive Assistant in the management of the Chief Executive’s diary, liaising with colleagues and external organisations, scheduling meetings with directors and other staff, booking meeting rooms.
2. Dealing with general enquiries on behalf of the Chief Executive Team, giving the required information or referring the enquiry to the appropriate staff member.
3. Providing an excellent and well informed customer focussed service to all those telephoning Carers Trust or submitting general enquiries via the website. Answering queries where possible and appropriate and redirecting more complex calls and enquiries to relevant colleagues.
4. Collecting, opening and distributing incoming post and responding to queries. Franking and ensuring outgoing post is ready for collection.
5. Welcoming visitors and dealing with enquiries made in person.
6. Booking travel and accommodation for the CEO and Trustees.
7. Collating the CEO’s expenses claim and the CEO’s and Executive Assistant’s credit card records and submitting to the finance team.
8. Assisting the Executive Assistant in preparing and circulating agenda and papers for Senior Team meetings.
9. Assisting with set up of Senior Team meetings, including IT and refreshments.
10. Assisting in the production of papers for Board of Trustees meetings.
11. Providing general administrative support such as preparation of spreadsheets and occasional drafting of simple letters.
12. Providing general support for the smooth running of the London office, e.g. liaison with the landlord, ordering office supplies, liaison with IT, collating and submitting petty cash receipts to finance.
13. Updating Customer Relation Management and Dotmailer systems with leavers and joiners of Carers Trust Network Partners.
14. Processing invoices and liaison with the Finance Team.
15. Providing support at major events run by Carers Trust, e.g. annual conference, fundraising events and staff away days.
· To be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children.
· To work at all times within the philosophy and policies of Carers Trust.
As TRUSTED Carers Trust staff, we are:
Team Workers – supporting each other toward a common goal.
Responsive – putting ourselves in others’ shoes and responding to their needs.
United – working as one organisation meeting challenges together.
Supportive – enabling one another to do a great job.
Transparent – being honest and open with one another.
Enterprising – being bold, pro-active and evolving.
Diverse – understanding and celebrating the different things we each bring to Carers Trust.
· To comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and with Carers Trust policy, paying particular attention to the reporting of dangerous situations.
· To have a commitment to developing quality by the implementation of Carers Trust quality evaluation tools along with any other standards set by Carers Trust.
· To respect the personal choice and lifestyles of colleagues, carers, and people with care needs, ensuring that equal opportunity principles are applied at all times.
· To undertake any other duties that may be considered commensurate with the level of the post.
Please view/download the job description for further information.
Closing date for applications is 12:00pm on Wednesday 3 July 2019 with interviews being held on Monday 8 July 2019. Carers Trust is committed to valuing diversity. Charity numbers: England and Wales 1145181, Scotland SC042870.