Caring Together has an exciting opportunity for an Awareness co-ordinator to join the team.
Role: Awareness and voice coordinator
Location: Homeworking with travel for meetings, events, and training
Salary: starting at £21,000 - £25,000 FTE per annum
Hours: 30 hours per week
Accountable to: No direct line management at present
About Caring Together
We are proud to support over 12,000 carers and their families every year. Our vision is of a world where carers have choices. Three in five of us will become a carer at some point in our life. Caring Together is an ambitious regional charity that provides emotional and practical support, advice and guidance to carers of all ages and their families, as well as opportunities for carers to take a break from their role.
Are you looking for a life mission and a rewarding career where you can help find better ways to support carers to be at the heart of everything we do?
We are seeking an awareness co-ordinator with the enthusiasm, expertise and commitment to deliver of our carer awareness activities and a passion for making caring easier. We are focusing on growth to reach more carers and increase the levels of support available for them in Norfolk and we are incredibly excited about your help on this journey!
We would love to hear from you if you are:
- Exceptional at building strong working relationships with team members and across a range of stakeholders.
- Flexible and adaptable team player with a can-do attitude
- Passionate about people
- Experienced working in a customer-focused environment
- Able to undertake a variety of activities with a substantial degree of personal responsibility and autonomy
About the opportunity
Working with a motivated carer awareness team you will collaborate with a range of organisations to raise awareness of carers and issues they face. You will use feedback from cares to influence, develop services and ensure that more carers receive our support.
In order to assume these responsibilities, we will be looking for you to demonstrate strength in the following competencies:
- IT and Data Analytic Skills: You have a strong working knowledge and understanding of Word, Excel and you embrace the opportunity to learn new IT applications
- Problem Solving: You take a positive approach to tackling problems
- Adaptable: You can adapt easily to changes in work and your effectiveness isn’t impacted. You are agile, versatile and act as an advocate for change. Fantastic organiser perhaps with contract or project management experience.
- Communication: You can confidently communicate both verbally and in writing and deliver excellent presentation to professionals in education, business, health and communities. communication skills, including networking and presentation skills.
- Relationship Building and Team Work: You are a team player and are able to build credible and trusting relationships both internally and externally.
- Attention to Detail: You are detail-focused and you ensure the work you produce is accurate and of a high quality.
What we will offer you
- We are committed to developing you and will work with you to support you with your personal and career development plans
- Salary starting at £21,000 – 25,000 FTE
- We are a flexible employer, and we will support you to ensure that you achieve a healthy, happy work-life balance
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays (eight days) FTE. Option to buy annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend £200 bonus
- Wellbeing support
- Have a voice to influence through the Staff forum
- Paid Carers leave
- You will be joining an incredibly dedicated, vibrant, and talented team of people who are deeply passionate about services which improve people’s lives
This is an exciting role for someone who really wants to make a difference and is passionate about changing lives.
To submit your application for this exciting opportunity, please click to apply!
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Caring Together is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view.
We are an equal opportunities employer and expect staff to respect the personal choice and lifestyles of colleagues, carers, and people with care needs. We welcome applications from those with different strengths and the value that comes with difference and the positive contribution that diversity brings to our community
Despite the current circumstances we are still actively recruiting for roles. In compliance with UK Government advice relating to COVID-19 this role will be remotely based in line with our current workforce and we will supply you with training and tools.