About Caring Together
Caring Together is a leading charity supporting carers of all ages across Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and Norfolk.
We provide information and advice, run services in our local communities and campaign so that carers have choices.
We are proud to support over 12,000 carers and their families every year.
Our vision is of a world where carers have choices.
About the role - Fundraising officer – trusts and foundations
It is an exciting time to consider being part of our Caring Together team. We are focussing on growth to reach more carers. Working as part of the Fundraising and engagement team, your days will be varied and might involve researching new funding opportunities, developing a case for support for a project, collaborating with senior leaders in developing a funding bid to building a new relationship with a potential funder.
You will you to get to know all areas of the charity from carer services to digital transformation.
This is a permanent, part time post, working 14 hours flexibly per week. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary of £25,000 - £27,000 FTE, and company benefits as detailed below.
The perfect candidate is an experienced, organised and determined trust and foundations fundraiser with the commitment and enthusiasm to develop and grow income against ambitious fundraising targets.
Key accountabilities of the role
- To collaborate with relevant colleagues to research, develop and produce accurate and compelling funding proposals.
- To grow and develop a funding pipeline in support of the charity’s strategic objectives.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of existing and new funders to maximise voluntary income.
- Opportunity to experience working in a charity that makes caring rewarding.
- Competitive salary £25,000 - £27,000, FTE.
- Flexible working including homeworking but with occasional travel to our Cambridgeshire office (St Ives) and Norfolk office (Swaffham).
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing development.
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays (eight days). Option to buy annual leave in accordance with our terms and conditions.
- Pension scheme.
- Long service awards.
- Refer a friend bonus.
- Permanent post working 14 hours per week.
Skills and knowledge
- Experienced trust and foundations fundraiser who can demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and a proven track record of generating charitable income from trusts and foundations in the voluntary sector and or health and social care sector.
- Ability to effectively monitor, analyse and evaluate projects.
- Experience of engaging with a diverse range of users and stakeholders with excellent customer service ethos.
For further information or for an informal chat about this opportunity please contact Hannah Crouch, Head of Fundraising and engagement at Caring Together. Her email address can be found on our website.
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is important to read the full Job Pack which can be downloaded below. Applications will not be considered without a supporting statement of how you meet the criteria and short application form.
The closing date for all applications is 9am on 1 February 2021
Caring Together is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view.
We are an equal opportunities employer and expect staff to respect the personal choice and lifestyles of colleagues, carers, and people with care needs. We welcome applications from those with different strengths and the value that comes with difference and the positive contribution that diversity brings to our community.
Caring Together is committed to helping staff balance work and home life and welcomes applications from candidates wishing to work part-time or under flexible working arrangements.
No agencies please.