Do you love working with people and building great relationships? Do you like no two days to be the same? Do you want the satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference in your local community? If so, read on...
We have a new opportunity for a Fundraising Officer to join the team based in St Ives, Cambridgeshire. Regular travel across Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk will be required for this position. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return will receive a competitive salary of £22,000 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience.
Caring Together is a leading regional charity who provide information and advice, run services in local communities and campaign so that carers have choices.
Our vision is of a world where caring is made easier.
About the role:
We are seeking a fundraising officer with the enthusiasm, and commitment to deliver our fundraising plan and activities. Working in the motivated fundraising and engagement team, you will use your skills, experience and knowledge of the third sector to maximise fundraising for Caring Together from our local community.
Key responsibilities of the Fundraising Officer:
- Support the fundraising manager in delivering our fundraising plan and coordinating all community fundraising activity.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on fundraising activity and achieve financial targets.
- Work in collaboration with other teams to co-ordinate event attendance and resources.
- Steward existing partnerships and secure new partnerships and community support for the charity.
- Support the planning and delivery of a calendar of fundraising events and challenges.
- Represent the charity at events across the region.
- Promote the charity by giving presentations in the community.
- Work alongside colleagues to coordinate fundraising volunteers.
- Play an active role in the fundraising and engagement team and across the charity, contributing ideas and solutions.
Experience and skills required to be our Fundraising Officer:
- Educated to A-level or equivalent
- Experience working in a customer focused environment and/or delivering excellent supporter care
- Experience building, managing and developing- relationships with people at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to effectively monitor and evaluate income against targets
Closing date: Thursday 20 February 2020 at 9.00am
If you would like to join our team as our Fundraising Officer, then please click ‘apply’ today – we’d love to hear from you!
Caring Together is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We are an equal opportunities employer and expect staff to respect the personal choice and lifestyles of colleagues, carers, and people with care needs.