Are you a compassionate and dedicated leader? Can you inspire a culture of performance, creativity and teamwork? Do you want the satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference? If so, read on...
We have a new opportunity for a Head of Care to join our team based within Cambridgeshire or Norfolk. The position includes homeworking, with regular travel to our St Ives and Swaffham locations. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £45,000 - £48,000 per annum depending on experience plus excellent benefits.
Who are we?
Caring Together is an ambitious regional charity that provides emotional and practical support, advice and guidance to carers of all ages and their families, as well as opportunities to take a break from their caring role.
We are proud to support over 12,000 carers and their families every year. Our vision is of a world where carers have choices.
About the Head of Care role:
It is an exciting time to consider being part of our Caring Together team. The role is hugely varied, one minute you may be in a board meeting reviewing results and influencing strategy the next you may be motivating your team to help grow our organisation.
The Head of Care will work as part of the executive management team with a requirement to be the registered manager, organisation’s safeguarding lead and member of the quality and service delivery sub-committee of the board of trustees and senior leadership team.
What will you be responsible for?
- Provision and growth of high-quality cost-effective homecare services and supporting the delivery of responsive, tailored family support
- Effective management of the operations managers, their performance and development, supporting them and their teams to deliver ‘outstanding’ care services across their areas
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory guidelines and regulations seeking continuous improvement in CQC ratings
- Strategic planning and leadership of the homecare service
What makes you our ideal Head of Care?
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the CQC regulatory framework, safeguarding procedures and best practice in homecare provision
- NVQ Level 5 diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care or equivalent desirable or willing to work towards
- Experience of engaging with a diverse range of users and stakeholders with excellent customer service ethos
- An experienced registered manager who can demonstrate with comprehensive knowledge and leadership and 3-5 years’ experience of leading a CQC good/outstanding service within a healthcare or domiciliary care setting
- Able to work under pressure and cope with change and conflicting priorities
- Willingness to travel across our region
- Opportunity to experience working in a charity that makes caring rewarding
- Flexible working including homeworking but with regular travel to our St Ives and Swaffham locations
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing development
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays (eight days). Option to buy annual leave in accordance with our terms and conditions
- Pension scheme
- Long service awards
- Refer a friend bonus
- Enhanced disclosure
Closing date for applications: 3 July 2020
Interviews: w/c 13 July 2020
Start date: from 1 September 2020
If you would like to join our team as our Head of Care, then please click ‘apply’ today – we’d love to hear from you!
Caring Together is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We are an equal opportunities employer and expect staff to respect the personal choice and lifestyles of colleagues, carers, and people with care needs.
This position is subject to an enhance disclosure.