We are looking for a motivated and organized individual to join our team. As the Office Administrator you will support the Service Managers; Breavement, Fundraising and Cold Weather Shelter as well as managing the day-to-day finances of the organisation.
Act as a first point of contact including
- Providing a telephone service for clients and users of the services; answering the telephone and responding to answerphone messages.
- Receiving clients, visitors and callers at the office, providing information as required.
Provide administrative support to the Managers of the two services, the Fundraiser and the Trustees, including
- Dealing with all routine correspondence; postage, incoming emails and post.
- Updating CARIS communications, website and sending out newsletters.
- Arranging appointments in consultation with the service Managers/Fundraiser
- Assisting in the preparation of training resources and reports, circulating reports , minutes and other papers
- For the Chair and Secretary of the Trustees, arranging meetings, drawing up agendas, circulating papers etc and any other support for Trustees which from time to time may be necessary;
Responsibility for running the Office, including
- Purchasing office supplies and ensuring office equipment is maintained in good order and serviced/repaired as necessary;
- Liaising with cleaners, getting quotations for any necessary repairs/installations/ decoration work and arranging with tradesmen to carry out works;
Record keeping, finance and data management, including
- Maintaining office records and statistics;
- Maintaining financial records in liaison with Treasurer, including assisting with book-keeping, accounts, banking and invoice payments;
- Liaising with payroll company on payment of staff salaries
- Maintaining the CORE system of client data capture for the Bereavement Service using Corenet management software, (for which training will be provided) including ensuring that data is keyed in correctly and records are up to date, assisting CARIS to use core net to its full potential, contributing to discussions about core net change requests and responding to queries from staff and volunteers arising from the use of core net;
- Preparing data based reports for the Bereavement and Cold Weather Shelter managers, the Fundraiser and for the Trustees as required.
Any other duties which may from time to time arise and are appropriate to the post.
Applicants should apply by email/or post enclosing a CV, a cover letter with the names of two referees and a summary no longer than a page of A4 explaining why they want the job and showing how their skills and experience fit the job specification.
Candidates who are interviewed may be asked to undertake a short test of their IT skills.
We would like the successful candidate to be in post no later than 2nd September 2019.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.