About the charity
Our mission is to build hope, enable lasting change, and end homelessness for people in East London. We are here to help people in our local community to build their new beginnings, by:
- Providing a safe place - to make sure that people experiencing homelessness have somewhere safe to stay as they begin to rebuild their lives
- Offering support - to encourage and enable people to build a better future for themselves, through the provision of personalised support, educational and life skills opportunities
- Building resilience – to build networks of support, and empower people to navigate services with confidence and be a proactive member of their community outside of and beyond life at Caritas Anchor House.
We are going through an exciting period of change and growth, having recently launched an ambitious strategic plan, with goals including having a positive impact on the lives of more people experiencing homelessness than ever before. This role will involve delivery against key strategic goals relating to engagement and support.
With great ambition comes the need for great people, and we’re looking for someone fantastic to lead our Fundraising and Communications Team and exciting projects during this one-year maternity cover.
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Communications and Supporter Manager provides the strategic direction and manages the team responsible for brand, communications, events, and fundraising (individual giving, legacies, community, and corporate partnerships). We are looking for someone to play a central role in building support and engaging stakeholders in our mission, during an exciting period of growth.
We are looking for someone to lead on our ongoing brand refresh project which started earlier this year, and the development and delivery of our fundraising and communications strategies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project manage the brand project, including launch and implementation, and the development of a new website, working with colleagues across teams and external agencies
- Lead the development and delivery of our communications and fundraising strategies, to build awareness and support for our work with people experiencing homelessness
- Identify opportunities to increase brand awareness, work with colleagues to champion the voices of our residents, and promote our impact and activities
- Keep abreast of key conversations and opportunities relevant to our work and sector, identifying key networks, partners, and media to build relationships
- Lead and develop the fundraising and communications team
- Manage budgets across the department, prepare forecasts for income, and report on team performance against KPIs
- Experience in producing communications and/or fundraising strategies in the charity sector
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in managing and developing a high-performing team
- Digital marketing experience
- Strategic understanding of supporter management and journeys
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office, databases, and digital media platforms
- Brand management experience is desirable, having ideally worked in an organisation during a rebrand or period of change
To apply, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter, addressing the following three areas (your experience in fundraising/communications management, leading strategic projects, and developing teams).
Our people are the key to our success. We aim to attract a diverse community of employees and volunteers from a broad range of backgrounds, demographics, and cultures and create an inclusive environment in which everyone can succeed and flourish. We want to foster a culture in which everyone is united around our shared mission and values, and in which individuals are active participants in our success.
To have an informal discussion about this opportunity, discuss support for disabled applicants or find out more about our commitments to diversity and inclusion please contact the People Team on the above email.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.