About the role
Salary: £26,000 to £29,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm
Location: Hybrid (40% working in the office in Newham)
In this role, you will be responsible for developing the community fundraising plans, as well as supporting individual giving income for the charity. It is an important role within the team, who are responsible for raising the profile of the organisation and the experiences of those we are here to help and mobilise support to the cause.
You will also play a key role in acquiring and stewarding supporters, including individuals taking part in challenge events, community clubs and associations, schools and faith groups, as well as one-off and regular donors, and legacy pledgers. They will ensure an excellent supporter experience so that both existing and prospective donors feel valued and informed about the impact our supporters are making.
You will report to the Communications and Supporter Manager and will work closely with the wider team and Chief Executive. While this is a hybrid role, with 40% of time-based at our office in Newham, you will be required to have a strong local presence and the flexibility to attend meetings and events in the community in addition to the time spent in the office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be the first point of contact for all fundraising enquiries, providing information, support and materials quickly and efficiently.
- Devise, implement and manage community-based engagement initiatives and events that raise the profile of Caritas Anchor House and lead to increasing levels of public support.
- Work collaboratively with volunteers and the Community Partnerships Team to ensure adequate support for fundraising activity and outreach opportunities.
- Support the Individual Giving and Legacies Specialist to develop and implement campaigns and donor journeys.
- Ensure all communications meet fundraising best practice, as well as our brand guidelines and organisational values.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Experience working in a fundraising environment and achieving financial targets
- Confident public speaker with the ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Experience in using a supporter database
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft packages
- Understanding of the principles of supporter care and passion for delighting supporters
- Strong planning and organisational skills including project planning, reporting, and follow-up, personal self-management, and work administration
When applying don't forget to answer the questions in our application process to tell us more about how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience to be successful in this role.
At Caritas Anchor House, we are proud of our inclusive workplace where we celebrate difference, value everyone’s contribution, and where people of all backgrounds and cultures can thrive. We do not accept discrimination or harassment, and all our recruitment decisions are based on fair and open competition, with appointments on merit. We are committed to growing our workplace further by making sure that our teams are as diverse and inclusive as they can be. We welcome applications from everyone and encourage people with lived experience of homelessness, a disability, and from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply. This is to ensure we are taking positive action in order to achieve our legitimate aim of a balanced representation in our teams, at all levels. We want to foster a culture in which everyone is united around our shared mission and values, and in which our people are active participants in our success.
Please note that we only accept applicants with the Right to Work in the UK. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.