About the charity
Our mission is to build hope, enable lasting change, and end homelessness for people in East London. We are here to help people in our local community to build their new beginnings, by:
Providing a safe place - to make sure that people experiencing homelessness have somewhere safe to stay as they begin to rebuild their lives
Offering support - to encourage and enable people to build a better future for themselves, through the provision of personalised support, educational and life skills opportunities
Building resilience – to build networks of support, and empower people to navigate services with confidence and be a proactive member of their community outside of and beyond life at Caritas Anchor House.
We are going through an exciting period of change and growth, having recently launched an ambitious strategic plan, with goals including having a positive impact on the lives of more people experiencing homelessness than ever before.
About the role
Based within the Facilities team, this role will play a key role in carrying out a range of general maintenance and caretaking tasks and will report to and support the Facilities Manager in the delivery of planned, reactive and ad hoc maintenance tasks.
The role will ensure a clean, safe and welcoming environment for residents, employees and visitors by providing a repair and maintenance service in order to keep the various buildings and grounds to the highest standard, whilst minimising the need for external contractors.
Other responsibilities include:
- Daily, Weekly & monthly planned maintenance tasks as scheduled (fire alarm tests, water temperature recording, emergency lighting tests, etc.).
- Minor building fabric repairs, decorating tasks and plumbing repairs.
- Ad-hoc porterage duties (moves and changes, furniture management and moves, etc.).
- Assisting with inspection of the condition of the grounds, building and facilities.
- Using a range of common hand and power tools to carry out your job as required.
- Experience of building maintenance, handyperson or caretaking duties.
- Full driving license.
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment.
- Good IT and systems skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people maintaining professional boundaries.
- Ability to manage own work load effectively and under pressure.
- Ability to accurately input information on a database or information systems.
- Confidence to challenge when necessary in relation to property / security matters.
- Building trade or facilities management qualification – desirable but not essential.
- Vehicle owner – desirable but not essential.
When applying don't forget to answer the questions in our application process to tell us more about how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience to be successful in this role.
At Caritas Anchor House, we are proud of our inclusive workplace where we celebrate difference, value everyone’s contribution, and where people of all backgrounds and cultures can thrive. We do not accept discrimination or harassment, and all our recruitment decisions are based on fair and open competition, with appointments on merit. We are committed to growing our workplace further by making sure that our teams are as diverse and inclusive as they can be. We welcome applications from everyone and encourage people with lived experience of homelessness, a disability, and from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply. This is to ensure we are taking positive action in order to achieve our legitimate aim of a balanced representation in our teams, at all levels. We want to foster a culture in which everyone is united around our shared mission and values, and in which our people are active participants in our success.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and a right to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.