About the charity
Our mission is to build hope, enable lasting change, and end homelessness for people in East London. We are here to help people in our local community to build their new beginnings, by:
- Providing a safe place - to make sure that people experiencing homelessness have somewhere safe to stay as they begin to rebuild their lives
- Offering support - to encourage and enable people to build a better future for themselves, through the provision of personalised support, educational and life skills opportunities
- Building resilience – to build networks of support, and empower people to navigate services with confidence and be a proactive member of their community outside of and beyond life at Caritas Anchor House.
We are going through an exciting period of change and growth, having recently launched an ambitious strategic plan, with goals including having a positive impact on the lives of more people experiencing homelessness than ever before.
With great ambition comes the need for great people, and we’re looking for someone fantastic to join our Fundraising and Communications Team.
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for stewardship and acquisition of supporters, developing individual giving and community income streams for the charity. You will ensure an excellent donor experience, ensuring supporters feel valued, supported in their giving, and informed about the impact they are making. It is an important role within the Fundraising and Communications team, who are responsible for raising the profile of the charity and the experiences of those we are here to help and mobilising support to the cause.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement campaigns and donor journeys for individual supporters ensuring excellent supporter care
- Lead on activity with community supporters, including fundraisers, schools, faith, and youth groups, providing dedicated support to help them to reach and exceed their fundraising goals.
- Test the effectiveness of different supporter acquisition methods, taking a creative approach to digital and social media to attract new supporters
- Play a key role in communicating the charity’s work and stories whilst maximising brand awareness, and work with colleagues on marketing activity.
- Be the first point of contact for fundraising enquiries, managing the fundraising inbox.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- have experience working in an individual giving, community fundraising, or similar role
- have a track record of achieving financial targets
- have experience of using a CRM system or database within a fundraising environment
- are self-motivated and able to work under pressure and prioritise in a busy environment
- focused and results-driven, with a readiness to seize new opportunities and source new ideas.
When applying on our careers site don't forget to answer the questions in our application process to tell us more about how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience to be successful in this role.
At Caritas Anchor House, we are proud of our inclusive workplace where we celebrate difference, value everyone’s contribution, and where people of all backgrounds and cultures can thrive. We do not accept discrimination or harassment, and all our recruitment decisions are based on fair and open competition, with appointments on merit. We are committed to growing our workplace further by making sure that our teams are as diverse and inclusive as they can be. We welcome applications from everyone and encourage people with lived experience of homelessness, a disability, and from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply. This is to ensure we are taking positive action in order to achieve our legitimate aim of a balanced representation in our teams, at all levels. We want to foster a culture in which everyone is united around our shared mission and values, and in which our people are active participants in our success.
Please note that we only accept applicants with the Right to Work in the UK. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.