Cash for Kids is the umbrella brand for 22 local children’s charities in the UK. Owned by Bauer Media, we are aligned to the Bauer Radio local radio stations and raise funds to grant to under 18’s who are sick, disabled or underprivileged.
Reporting to the Regional Charity Manager you will be working in the lively and stimulating atmosphere of a busy radio station.
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter who can communicate with people at all levels and is a great administrator. You will be required to establish relationships with all key stakeholders both internally and externally. You should have excellent sales and presentation skills. The ideal candidate will have extensive local corporate contacts and be able to demonstrate how these relationships will be beneficial.
Networking will be a major part of this role in order to recruit companies to adopt Cash for Kids in the Hallam FM transmission area, South Yorkshire & North Derbyshire
Strong presentation skills are essential and must be demonstrated.
A clean UK driving licence is essential and must be proved, we will also require a DBS check to be carried out upon commencement of role. Candidates must reside within the transmission area.
- Be responsible for strategic direction, planning and day to day management of the charity
- Responsible for achieving agreed fundraising targets through the effective creation and implementation of high profile events
- Research, identify and develop new fundraising opportunities and areas of potential support, with new corporate partners whilst maintaining relationships with current supporters including identifying high net worth supporters and corporate contacts
- Assess the potential of all fundraising activity and propose strategies for their management and development to ensure that fundraising is maximised
- Develop the charity as an integral part of the business
- Create and implement tactical PR plans for the charity
- Administer and advise on all future grant applications prior to Local Executive Board assessment
- Work closely with all station stake holders to work as active project teams to ensure effective delivery of on-air appeals
- Recruit, manage and maintain a volunteer/street team base
- Building and maintaining profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with corporates and potential donors across the Hallam FM, South Yorkshire & North Derbyshire transmission area.
- Liaising with fundraisers, beneficiaries and radio personnel to ensure smooth running of all fundraising activities
- Use this database to encourage donors to fundraise in the future
- Maximise fundraising potential of all events and activities
- Making risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort upon the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success
- Raising awareness of the charity and its work
- Providing client management and project co-ordination with colleagues
- Undertaking other duties that might be assigned from time to time
- Facilitate and increase funds raised in line with Business Plan targets
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal & written
- Be energetic, enthusiastic, with a hands-on approach and great work ethic
- Proven track record in a sales/corporate environment
- Project Management skills and ability to collaborate with key stakeholders
- Be able to prioritise work effectively with maximum impact on cash growth
- Have the ability to work on own initiative
- Have flexibility to work evenings/weekends when required.
- Be a holder of a current, full clean UK driving licence
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook & presentation systems
- Have a solid knowledge of all modern Social Media networking tools and able to use them effectively
- Be a team player - to develop a good working relationship with the charity team, wider radio station teams and national charity team
- Experience of either charity fundraising, events, or marketing/PR is advantageous
- Presentation and sales skills are essential
- Have a passion and vision to develop this role
- Have a good personality, confidence and sense of humour
- Marketing/sales/skills/fundraising and or event management.
- Demonstrate a proven track record and experience of building, developing and managing key relationships.
- Good network of contacts