It's an exciting time to join us as the leader of Cash for Kids in the Midlands. Our Central region charities are some of our newest additions to the Cash for Kids family, and we're looking for an ambitious self-starter who can drive & accelerate our fundraising across the region.
As the charity of Bauer Radio, you'll be working alongside the teams at Free Radio, Gem, Signal 1 and Greatest Hits Radio, to continue our mission to improve the lives of disadvantaged children in our local communities.
You’ll excel at communicating with people at all levels, be highly organized, be an inspiring leader & a great administrator. You’ll have a natural flair for sales and be comfortable presenting to groups of all sizes. You’ll manage a small team of fundraisers and have an extensive contact book of local corporates who you can call on to support Cash for Kids in the Midlands.
You’ll be responsible for;
- Delivering the strategic direction of Cash for Kids in the Midlands
- Overseeing delivery of fundraising campaigns including our key pillars; Cash for Kids Day and Mission Christmas
- Continuing to embed the charity as an integral part of each radio station
- Implementing comms plans for the charity locally – including website, PR, social media & influencer engagement
- Creating Local Executive Boards to maximise networking opportunities
- Ensuring implementation and maintenance of quality systems to ensure the integrity of the funds raised and the disbursement of those funds in line with central finance guidelines and procedures
- Line management of a small team of fundraisers spread across the Midlands region
- Developing and sustaining external relationships with corporates, major donors and local authorities
- Monitoring, interpreting and challenging financial results and communicating risks, opportunities and trends
- Preparing the annual Business Plan together with each team in line with national strategy
- Ensuring that all financial controls are in place locally and monitored
- Keeping up to date with charitable governance
- Managing the stakeholder relationships with key Bauer staff including the Regional Content Director, Marketing teams and Regional Sales Director
- Working in collaboration with your fellow Regional Charity Managers to share best practise and drive projects to benefit all
To succeed in this role you’ll;
- Have a strong track record in successful fundraising delivery
- Possess excellent networking skills and be able to increase the charity’s network of corporate supporters and the number of organisations who apply to the charity for grants
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and use them to work with people both internally and externally
- Be able to inspire people with your passion and vision for the charity
- Demonstrate a proven track record and experience of building, developing and managing key relationships
- A proven experience of working with the media to promote fundraising initiatives
- Possess excellent knowledge of major donor/gift giving approaches
- Have excellent organisational and project management skills
- Be able to work on own initiative to ensure delivery of targets
- Have a passion and vision to develop this role with confidence and a sense of humour
- Hold a current, full clean UK driving licence
Currently the Cash for Kids team are working remotely (from home) and this is likely to continue until Q1 2022. At this point (subject to change) we are likely to evolve to a hybrid model of remote/office working. As a regional role access to offices in Birmingham, Nottingham & Stoke-on-Trent will be available (subject to confirmation on our future ways of working model) and travel across the Midlands region will be required.
At Cash for Kids we believe that together we can make great things happen. Our team is driven to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of disadvantaged children and the successful applicant for this role will be key to helping us deliver on that mission.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.