2x Course Assistant
Two Course Assistants
Reports to: Business Director
Application Deadline: Rolling deadline closing Friday 29 December 2023
Interview: TBC in early January
Start date: Jan 2024
Hours of work: Shared Thursday evenings 5.30 – 9.30 and 2 Saturdays (9 – 5) during term time
Salary: £13 - £15 ph depending on experience
Location: On site at our Training facilities at 170 Pitfield St, London N1 6JP
Caspari Foundation is the UK’s only provider of Educational Psychotherapy in schools and is the UK’s leading trainer in this child psychotherapy modality. This approach was pioneered by Irene Caspari in the 1970s and bridges the gap between education and therapy.
It offers a safe way for children to explore and make sense of experiences that may be blocking their development and educational attainment. The aim is to help them to learn about themselves, improve their relationships with peers and staff, gain confidence and, ultimately, to experience the joy of learning.
The Caspari Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender identity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age, class or culture.
Caspari Foundation is forward thinking, progressive and fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). We expect all employees to be engaged with their own learning in this area.
We are looking for two enthusiastic and organised Admin assistants who would like to work with an organisation that is dedicated to improving the lives of children through Educational Psychotherapy.
You will support the Course Director with being on site during the delivery of our Educational Psychotherapy course on Thursday evenings and occasional Saturdays. The role is in person and public facing, you will be greeting students and setting up the facilities as well as supporting with admin tasks to ensure the smooth running of the course.
This is a wide-ranging support role and would suit someone with previous experience of administration and customer experience.
· Front of House Management including meeting and greeting
· Being a representative of the Caspari Foundation
· Supporting Course Director with set up teaching rooms & organising refreshments
· Supporting Course Director with opening and closing the building.
· Assist the Course Director in servicing the Advanced Diploma programme
· Experience of setting up I.T. resources for training events and seminars; management and use of I.T. equipment and software.
· Various admin tasks provided by the Course Director such as (but not limited to) filing, updating attendance registers, updating library loans and library catalogue, updating clinical hours records.
· Supporting with social media, updating website and management of content
· Support with sending out members newsletter
· Be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, accurate spelling and attention to detail.
· Be able to demonstrate numerical competency.
· Ability to demonstrate creativity and enthusiasm for the work.
· Ability to work on-line communication platforms such as Zoom, Google Share documents, Microsoft Office, Teams;
· Be able to demonstrate advanced IT Skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point, Google Share, Outlook).
· Experience of Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Wix or equivalent website software
· Social Media Experience
· Able to convey a warm, empathic and calm professional approach working within Caspari's small staff team and communicate well at all levels.
· Ability to work autonomously, but also collaboratively.
· Have a proactive approach to problem solving.
· Ability to work confidentially and non-judgementally.
The post is subject to an enhanced criminal records check by the Disclosure and Barring Service
How to apply
Please send the following by 10.00 am Friday 29 December:
· CV, max two sides of A4
· Application letter, one side of A4 outlining your relevant skills and experience and what you feel you can bring to the work of the Foundation
· We will invite shortlisted candidates to a Zoom interview in early January (dates TBC)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.