Job Title: Mental Health Crisis Support Worker
Location: Safe Haven locations in Woking, Guildford and Aldershot
Ever wanted to be part of something NEW, something EXCITING, something really WORTHWHILE, that will CHANGE LIVES?
The purpose of the Safe Haven is to provide an alternative for people who are currently attending A&E when they suffer a mental health crisis. Additionally it provides a safety net for people who might otherwise get to crisis point. Experience of working with this client group is essential.
Catalyst is looking for individuals who are emotionally robust, flexible, willing to work as part of a team and show initiative in an occasionally challenging setting.
We are recruiting Bank Safe Haven Workers to cover shifts in Guildford, Aldershot and Woking
- Guildford: 6-11pm Monday to Sunday
- Aldershot: 6-11pm Monday to Sunday & 12.30-6pm weekends and Bank Holidays
- Woking: 6-11pm Monday to Sunday
- Risk assessing visitors attending in acute mental health crisis
- Utilise motivation interviewing techniques and active listening skills in order to support individuals
- Create safety plans for those experiencing suicidal ideation
- Work within GDPR and Information Governance guidelines to ensure confidentiality is maintained
- Provide a continual assessment of a person’s needs regarding their mental health
- Work collaboratively with partner agency staff to ensure continuity of care
- Maintain an honest, robust, person centred and caring approach to the client group
- Attend external and internal meetings as required and as appropriate for the role and within contracted hours
- Signpost visitors to external methods of support
- Take part in ongoing training and development
- Robust professional boundaries
- Experience working in mental health field
- Sound working knowledge of Safeguarding legislation
- Experience operating within Information Governance guidelines
- Experience delivering person centred interventions relating to mental health
- Working knowledge of conducting dynamic risk assessments
- Ability to work collaboratively with partner agencies
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.