- Responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of organisational safeguarding policies and practice, ensuring that Catch22 adheres to statutory safeguarding practices across all the local authorities that it operates in.
- Responsible for the development and setting of strategic direction for Safeguarding, responsible for the implementation of the organisational Safeguarding strategy.
- Produce an annual safeguarding strategy and regularly report to the Board on progress.
- Be the subject matter expert on Safeguarding:
- Use specialist knowledge to inform and advise the directors and others to understand, lead and deliver the Safeguarding strategy.
- Enable teams across Catch22 to work to safeguarding objectives in line with overarching strategic objectives.
- Inform business decision around bids, acquisitions, and service developments from a safeguarding perspective
- Create a risk based approach to safeguarding, considering legal, regulatory, policy and external best practice, escalating risks and updating existing policies where needed.
- Work with wider Catch22 Departments to create organisational safeguarding projects and initiatives that deliver the strategy, supporting appropriate business cases and budgets for effective implementation.
- Provide guidance and support to the People team and directors in relation to case management, ensuring procedures for reporting are followed and acting as Catch22 representative in the reporting of incidents to other agencies/external bodies.
- Acting as the Catch22 Safeguarding point of contact for external bodies such as the Charities Commission, LADO, Prevent and DBS, attending meetings and updating on procedural changes and compliance audits as required.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the organisational safeguarding risk register and develop a set of metrics to measure the effectiveness of safeguarding practice. Work alongside the Data and Insights Team to analyse this information to create insights that inform the future direction of safeguarding at Catch22.
- Develop and maintain external networks and contacts to enable organisational benchmarking and ensure development of best practice.
- Manage stakeholder relationships including the Chair of the Trustees, nominated Trustee for Safeguarding, Chief Executive, Senior Leadership Team, HR Business Partners, coaching on safeguarding leadership and reporting on progress against strategy and performance as required.
- Ensure appropriate governance arrangements are in place to ensure the golden thread of effective safeguarding practice flows from front line work to the role of the Board of Trustees.
- Leadership and line management of the safeguarding team and effective joint working with other corporate and operational teams.
- Educated to degree level
- A relevant professional qualification in safeguarding field
Hours: Full Time, 37 Hours per week
Salary: £50,000.00 - £52,000.00 per annum
Place of work: Home Working – Nationwide
Reports to: Director of Young People and Families
Level of screening: Enhanced DBS
Catch22 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice will be followed and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Unless otherwise stated, interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
At Catch22 we value equality, diversity and inclusion. We are wholeheartedly committed to the principle of equality of opportunity, both as an employer and as a provider of services. Diversity and Inclusion is part of what we do every day, working to deliver our vision to build a strong society where everyone has good people around them, a purpose, and a good place to live.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.