Music to My Ears (MTME) is a creative arts project that supports young people who are directly affected by CCE. We use music, photography, film making and other creative arts to engage young people and build trusted relationships. We are an outreach service allowing us to work in diverse settings that are comfortable for young people.
You will deliver interventions to C&YP to enable them to develop and build their resilience, confidence, healthy relationships and make positive decisions. Using the medium of creative arts you will aim to engage and start a dialogue where traditional “talking interventions” would not be appropriate.
As a CCE practitioner your main duties will include:
- Undertaking one to one work with children and young people (C&YP) vulnerable to CCE. This includes informing a risk management plan identified/agreed with the lead professional for each C&YP and linking with other relevant partners/agencies.
- Undertaking assessments of young people and holding a case load of up to 10 young people at any one time, agreeing a care plan with young people and reviewing this at regular intervals.
- Working in partnership with Surrey County Council Children’s Services and Surrey Police to facilitate support where CCE is identified.
- Working in association with and support the local CE protocol.
- Undertaking all relevant Child Exploitation Training to inform best practice when working with young people at risk of CCE, inclusive of Solution Focussed Therapy.
- Developing and sustaining productive working relationships with referring agencies to ensure regular and appropriate referrals are received. This will include closely working with our partners at Surrey Risk Management Meetings (RMM’s) including police and other relevant agencies.
- Recording all interventions, contacts, outcomes, and multi-agency correspondence in accordance with the service specification Management Information Systems.
- Completing all required monitoring information by set timescales to assist the production of feedback reports to funders and stakeholders to track and monitor progress against outcome targets, KPIs etc.
- Completing Outcomes’ Star to identify needs and to measure distance travelled.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.