We are seeking an income generation manager to work as part of the Catch22 development team, but with a focus on Community Links. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate, who can manage a portfolio of trusts, foundations, corporate partners and fundraising whilst also seeking out and pursuing new opportunities. This role will be a key part of the senior leadership team at Community Links and the development team at Catch22. We are seeking someone who can build a balanced funding model, through growth in unrestricted donations and commissioned income. The role will support the development and delivery of the growth strategy for Community Links. Working to the Catch22 Chief Devleopment Officer the role will be supported by a part time (0.5 FTE) partnership co-ordinator and the Catch22 development team.
Key responsibilities will include:
Account management of trusts, foundation and corporates currently partnered with Community Links/Catch22:
- co-ordination of grant information and writing timely reports for funders
- attending meetings and events with funders and building and managing larger corporate relationships
- co-ordinating volunteering opportunities, and develop new volunteering models
Developing a pipeline of new business opportunities:
- Identifying key areas for growth (programmes and funding streams) and new market opportunities, with a focus on what the community needs and funders interests.
- As a member of the senior management team, support decision making on prioritising bids and other fundraising activity.
- liaising with operations staff and the policy team to develop strategic partnerships from existing relationships
- attending meetings with senior funding teams, developing a strong understanding of potential partners and where strategic alignment could lie
- Identify and build new relationships with corporate and other significant funders.
- desktop research of potential opportunities
- strong overview and tracking of current and potential opportunities
Applications for new funding:
- writing strong applications in partnership with operational teams, including large contract (NHS and LA), Trust, Foundation and Corporate bids.
- developing budgets and service delivery models with operations and finance teams
- researching subject matter areas so that proposals are supported by evidence
- responding to funder clarification questions
- presenting proposals at presentation meetings with funders
Overseeing fundraising activities:
- identifying opportunities for high return fundraising activities
- Setting up and managing a voluntary board, and liaising with high value donors
- co-ordinating and supporting fundraising activities with partners
Community Links is an independent organisation which is part of the wider Catch22 group. Community Links is a community charity, rooted in East London, providing key services and driving innovative new models of early help to create ‘ready for everything communities’.
Catch22 delivers public services across the social welfare cycle to create a strong society where everyone has a good place to live, a purpose and good people around them.
- Significant experience (3+ years) in fundraising or a relevant field such as income generation, sales or marketing
- A proven track record of fundraising from trusts, foundation, high-net worth individuals, statutory or corporate sector with demonstrable results
- A proven ability to write compelling funding applications, reports and other communications
- Track record of account management at a scale of min £50k pa
- Experience of balancing a portfolio of multiple stakeholders
- The ability to proactively develop and maintain strong relationships at a senior level with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to organise and prioritise a large and complex workload with competing priorities and deadline
- Must be self-motivated and comfortable driving work forward within a small team
- Be results-driven and excited by the prospect of growth
Education/ Training/ Knowledge
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of relevant information technology programmes, including Excel, Powerpoint.