A forward looking social business, Catch22 has more than 200 years’ experience of providing public services that help people turn their lives around. We work with troubled and vulnerable people, helping them to steer clear of crime or substance misuse, do the best they can in education or employment and play a full part in their family or community. Our vision is a strong society where everyone has a good place to live, a purpose and good people around them, no matter what their background.
Our Catch22 College is the collective name for 7 sites we have across the country delivering academic and vocational training programmes for young people aged 16+ who, for whatever reason, are not suited to a mainstream college setting. Our College Site, like our all our other College sites, provides learners with a highly supportive environment where they have access to opportunities to build up their confidence and self belief, and to gain new skills and experiences that will help them to achieve their goals in life. We exist to help our learners find their future.
As Lead Teacher you will be providing effective leadership and management on a specific site for a College for 14-19 year olds, delivering a safe and secure education provision for students, some with complex needs and behaviors.
The Lead Teacher will be the driver in behavior management and student support for complex and vulnerable students.
Main Duties & Accountabilities
Teaching and learning:
- Teaching GCSEs in Maths and/or English
- Creating an inspirational learning environment with high expectations of learner attendance, achievement, success and progression.
- Implementing the agreed curriculum and being accountable for its quality as defined by the Catch22 college offer, the commissioner and the individual needs of the students.
- Engaging with parents regarding the progress of learners, ensuring that they are engaged and supportive in all aspects of our delivery.
- Building effective and supporting relationships with students and families/carers; embed that trust and support within the education process.
- Ensuring that lessons are well planned and enable learners to achieve and progress.
- Through the assessment process, ensuring that learners’ needs are identified, overseeing the development of IEPs and implementing strategies to monitor performance regularly and effectively.
- Overseeing and coordinating the development of your subject(s) area.
- Planning, producing and updating schemes of work to meet curriculum, inspection, and accreditation requirements, taking into account guidance from the DfE and other regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with all current requirements.
Leadership and management:
- Being the lead for improving the quality of teaching and learning by following and implementing the College’s observation of teaching and learning procedures.
- Managing and implementing the contribution review process by setting targets for individual and team performance. Managing direct reports and dealing with staff under performance effectively and timely.
- Supporting the training and development of staff to ensure the delivery of outstanding teaching and learning.
- A recognised QTS qualification (or willing to work towards), .
- Degree in related subject.
- Designated Safeguard Lead
- significant experience in Teaching and Planning
- Extensive behaviour management experience with students who have complex needs and extreme behaviour
Contract: Full-Time - Fixed Term Maternity Cover
Hours per week: 37
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Unless otherwise stated, interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
At Catch22 we value equality, diversity and inclusion. We are wholeheartedly committed to the principle of equality of opportunity, both as an employer and as a provider of services. Diversity and Inclusion is part of what we do every day, working to deliver our vision to build a strong society where everyone has good people around them, a purpose, and a good place to live.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.