At Catch22, we are proud of our reputation as a modern and progressive employer. Our 1,300 colleagues and 300 volunteers work at every stage of the social welfare cycle, supporting over 60,000 individuals from cradle to career. Our work spans education, social justice and rehabilitation, children's social care, family support, social action and getting people into work.
The National Citizen Service (NCS) is a flagship policy at the heart of the government’s vision for building a Big Society. The programme brings together 16-17 year olds from different backgrounds in a summer programme which includes adventure, discovery and meaningful social action. NCS aims to support participants’ personal and social development and help them develop the confidence, skills and attitudes they need to take on active roles in their communities and develop themselves for their own future.
We are looking to appoint an National Citizen Service (NCS) Recruitment Officer, based from Stockport.
As an NCS Recruitment Officer, you will effectively manage relationships with schools, colleges, training/community providers in order to plan, facilitate and deliver recruitment and promotional activities to maximize NCS programme participation in Ashton-Under-Lyne, Oldham and Stockport.
During delivery periods you will take on the role of a wave leader and will line manage and work closely with a team of sessional workers to ensure the smooth delivery through all 4 phases of the NCS programme. This will give you the opportunity to experience the programme first hand which will help in your recruitment role.
As Recruitment Officer, your main duties will include:
- Working with the managers to reach individual and team targets for the number of young people who express an interest in NCS.
- Gathering data from each of the schools and recruitment sites and developing a targeted recruitment strategy for each site
- Monitoring volume of sign-ups generated and adjust recruitment plans according
- Organizing and running presentations providing additional information on the programme to young people and their families /carers
- Ensuring systems are accurate and in line with the compliance framework following each recruitment event
- Supporting in the delivery of keep warm events to ensure that young people remain committed to the programme prior to attending departure day
- Working on the programme in the summer as a wave/phase leader when required including overnight on the 2-week residential phases.
To be successful as an NCS Recruitment Officer, you will need:
- Five GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C or above
- Experience and/or knowledge of secondary and higher education sector or youth engagements/ local authority sector
- Experience in engaging with hard to reach young people
- Sales experience within a targeted environment and proven track record as a top performer
- Experience of delivering presentations to large audiences
- Proven track record of building positive relationships with teachers and other stakeholders
- Excellent presentation and communications skills with the ability to influence, persuade and listen to others
- Ability to relate well to young people from a wide range of backgrounds, engagement them in activities and relate sensitively and confidentially to the needs of young people, parents and their families.
Salary: £22,000 per annum
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Regular travel will be a feature of this role, you will, therefore, need a driving licence, access to a car and business insurance.
Unless otherwise stated, interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
At Catch22 we value equality, diversity and inclusion. We are wholeheartedly committed to the principle of equality of opportunity, both as an employer and as a provider of services. Diversity and Inclusion is part of what we do every day, working to deliver our vision to build a strong society where everyone has good people around them, a purpose, and a good place to live.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.