Who we are
Catch22 exists to help build a society where everyone has a good place to live, good people around them, and a fulfilling purpose. ‘We call these our 3Ps’.
We achieve this in two ways. First we improve lives on the frontline through delivery of public services. Secondly, we use our knowledge to change ‘the system’, to fix the complex web that can trap and disempower those it was set up to help. With the heart of a charity and the mindset of a business, we are uniquely placed to deliver on this challenging agenda.
The Development Team as a whole is the engine room of Catch22’s mission and business plan. It consists of the Partnerships, Business Development and Communications and Marketing units and collectively seeks to grow our reach, influence, impact and secure funds that allow us to change peoples’ lives for the better. If you are intrinsically motivated by impact, have the skills, but more than anything, you are creative, entrepreneurial and passionate, we want to talk to you.
We seek out partners who have the vision to think big and go on a journey with us, challenging current forms of delivery, and piloting new ideas that can be scaled.
Where you fit in
As a Senior Development Manager (Partnerships), you will be central to Catch22’s work with partners and supporters, maximising our ability to generate positive social impact with your relationship-building and fundraising skills. This role is central to Catch22 Development Team’s ambitious plans for finding like-minded partners who want to change the world.
You will be joining an entrepreneurial, energetic and passionate unit with a fun but hardworking culture, all relentlessly committed to Catch22’s core mission and purpose: to build resilience and aspiration in people and communities that need it the most. This is a relatively new unit and with significant recent success we want more brilliant people to join us to help move things forward.
You will have autonomy over sourcing and securing partnerships that contribute to Catch22’s overall development objectives, including fundraising goals. Most of the time you will be expected to operate under your own initiative and curiosity, researching and identifying partners, and winning them over with solid cases for support and your enthusiasm and belief in the work that we do.
Relationships will be at the centre of what you do, and getting alongside, impressing, and persuading people will be key to your and our collective success. A Development Coordinator will report to you and support with market research, proposal writing and development and general project management skills.
What we are looking for
To suceed in this role, you'll need;
- Strong command of English & Maths
- A relevant degree or apprenticeship equivalent
- Understanding of corporate social responsibility and social enterprise sector
- Understanding of business development/fundraising cycle – generating leads, pipeline development and conversion
- Understanding of social innovation and sustainable funding models beyond traditional philanthropy
- Experience of building complex partnerships with multiple external partners
- Experience securing six figure funding
- Management of full life cycle of a project
- Experience Management multiple projects at once and skilfully balancing priorities under time pressures
- Strong interpersonal skills – good relationship builder
- Project management skills – ability to manage a project from beginning to end, from the earliest idea of what a new service will be, all the way through to signing contract/ grant agreement with partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to write compelling proposals and present engagingly
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.